Phoenix Area Dr Supervised WL Programs?

Trisha
on 3/11/04 6:47 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi, everyone! I just got my referral to my surgeon today, and called to make appt for consult. First appt they have is 5/14. At least I have an appt. Okay, I was talking to scheduler and she listed things I had to have for my insurance to cover and one of them was 3 months proof of dr supervised weight loss program. YIKES! I don't have that. Question #1 - What are some names and numbers of some Phoenix/Glendale area physician weight loss programs? Question #2 - What's the cost involved (if you know)? Quesiton #3 - If I lose weight on this program for the 3 months I'm supposed to be on it, can I still qualify for WLS? Thanks in advance for your help!! Trisha in Glendale
RedBuddafly
on 3/26/04 7:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
My suggestion is to contact your pcp, and tell them you want to be put on a supervised diet, without diet pills. The diabetic lifestyle program is very similar to life after bypass, so its a good one. Also, I would ask them if you could arrange to come in for your weigh ins with the nurse, so it can documented, but without the need for a copay. Be careful with the diet rx's. They could bring on medical clearances that you may otherwise not want to hassle with. JMHO~ Good luck! Erica 11-9-00 -155 lbs
Most Active