Could things be going my way?...

saffire
on 2/22/04 6:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
I have NO idea what possessed me to check this, but I just went on my insurance's website to the provider directory. (I just mailed my appeal letter last week.) I went in to look up my selected surgeon. He's no longer listed! (Could be a mix-up, but who knows...) However, his partner, who wasn't on the directory before, IS now listed. My surgeon only did open RNY, his partner does lap (which I wanted). So if, by some miracle, I do get approved, I may have to switch surgeons, which means I could actually get the surgery I wanted. (I had my gallbladder removed laproscopically, and that was energy-draining, so I wasn't too thrilled with the extra recuperation the open procedure would require.) I'm also coming across more and more post-ops who have my same insurance, and were either approved with no problems, or were approved after the 1st appeal. So AMOS members, I need your . Pray for me, cross your fingers--whatever you do to send good wishes. Because if I can finally get approved, people around me are going to see nothing but my teeth for a long time!
cindy
on 2/23/04 12:52 am - Mesa, az
I am sending my best wishes that you get approved, I had the open RNY and my gallbladder removed at the same time, and had no problems, so if you have to have the open, you will be fine. Good luck, and I am sending a big {HUG}, can you feel it. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -109 lbs
Most Active