What happens in the months before surgery?

Cathrine R.
on 2/20/04 9:11 am - Peoria, AZ
I am just curious to know what happens now that I am scheduled for surgery. I have an appointment with a Cardiologist and I am scheduled for my pre-op testing. Beyond that, what should I expect? Is there a clenze before the surgery? Will I go to see my Doctor before the surgery takes place? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Ellie D.
on 2/20/04 11:25 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Catherine I had to be on a liquid diet the day before surgery and then nothing after midnight. I also had to take this stuff that cleaned you out but good! Other than that you do your pre-op testing, cardiologist and then sit back and relax while you wait! Good luck with your surgery! Ellie
cindy
on 2/21/04 5:30 am - Mesa, az
Alot of what happens depends on your surgeon. Some require a Psyh visit, some EKG, blood work, and a current mammogram. You have so much testing, but they are just being safe. Hopefully you will speak with a nutritionist, and also have a education class, and attending a support group meeting can always be helpful. Also my surgeon required that I lose some weight before surgery to help shrink my liver. Congrats on getting approved, hold on you are going to have a wild ride, and you are going to soon be healthier and skinnier. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -109 lbs
Cathrine R.
on 2/21/04 8:32 am - Peoria, AZ
I have already had my Psyh eval. I had to go through couseling to get over my depression. I am still seeing my Physchiatrist. She is part of my support system. She has taught me a lot of behavior modification techniques. I know all about what to eat and how to eat after surgery. I have also taken the classes required by the Doctor to qualify for the support groups.
Most Active