Help I started snacking!!!!

ali D.
on 2/19/04 7:33 am - phoenix, az
Please can someone guide me to someone who can help me psycologicaly because I am not exersicing and I started snacking I don't want to fail I feel sooooo guilty and I need help.
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/04 11:05 am - El Mirage, AZ
Ali, This surgery doesn't cure ALL. Just our tummy's. I too, have snacked a few times. SOME, I was legitimately HUNGRY...other times, I was simply bored. If it is TRUE hunger (and I do get hungry late at night sometimes, esp. after working out @ Curves) then I find a DECENT healthy snack...some nuts, maybe a few crackers with p. butter, some fruit. If I'm simply BORED...I either go to bed, if it's late enough anyhow, or DRINK WATER!!! Water is a PERFECT fix. After that, busy yourself with SOMETHING, or take a walk! You can do this! Don't beat yourself up! You're human. HUGS!! Michelle post op 11/21
cindy
on 2/20/04 12:51 am - Mesa, az
We have this surgery to be normal, and let me tell you everyone, yes everyone, with or without WLS snacks once in a while. So don't be so hard on yourself. You reconize that you are snacking, now stop and figure out why, are you bored or hungry. If you are bored or under alot of stress, find something else to help you relax, read a book, do some situps, take a walk, take a bath/shower, dance around the house. If you are hungry, have a meal. If you do snack make it a healthy, protein snack. I always have a high protein snack in the late evening, because otherwise my blood sugars will drop to low. I was on insulin before surgery and since the day after I stop my diabetic medications, but I found out that if I do not have a high protein snack a few hours before going to bed, I can not go though the night without very low blood sugar. Some snack ideas are, hard boiled egg, chedder cheese, tuna and crackers, a piece of baked chicken, egg salad, refried beans topped with chedder cheese, nuts, sunflower seeds, beef jerky are just a few. Good luck, and you can do this. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -109 lbs
jennifer A.
on 2/21/04 4:23 pm - Glendale, Az
Hi! I'm 8 months out and have been snacking like crazy with unhealthy choices.I also haven't been exercising. I'm perfectly content with my weightloss but I am not doing what I should be doing plain and simple and it is a choice. I evaluated what was going on in my life, ans why I was willing to neglect myself in that way. I've had a lot of emotional, stressful things going on. I made the choice to stop hurting and hindering myself and basically get back with the program.I started rollerblading.It's been a stres reliever.It's something that I enjoy doing and I can do with my daughter so there is some motivation there.I still snack but try and make it a healthy one.
Most Active