Last Insurance test required will be done on 16th

baddgurrl
on 2/11/04 11:27 am - Chino Valley, AZ
I have met all the criteria the Insurance company sent back to my surgeon that they needed to make a decision on my case, althugh they have already said to my Dr., they had no problem as long as the psych, upper GI, dietician, and blood tests were done, that they were not going to fight the recommendation. (Soon we will see how true that is). But I am wondering how long after they are sent the results of the tests are they supposed to make the decision, I have heard differing amounts of time, especially from people in the WLS support groups. On Monday I will have the Upper GI, which my surgeon was a little puzzled by because that is something that is rarely asked for , or a problem. But shrugged his shoulders and smiled and said, "if that's what they want, we'll just do it then, no big deal". I hate to think that I will be scheduled for surgery in the summertime, but at least if I am, I can come back up here to Prescott where it is a little cooler. I am hoping this all goes smoothly, there have been so many places I fell through the cracks long the way, that I'm afraid all my paperwork will disappear once again, I am trying to get my own copy of every report in the event it happens again. I am not as excited about the surgery as I once was, I want it, but I don't think about it every day, it makes the waiting harder. For now I am spending a ton of time with the horses when it is warm enough. My filly turns 1 year next month, and she is really naughty right now, her mother is great as always, and a very good horse, they and my kids make this surgery seem soooo worthwhile, I cannot wait to ride like I used to. Hope everyone is doing great on here!!!!!
Tamara T.
on 2/11/04 8:59 pm - Claypool, AZ
Hang in there Carol. It will be so worth it when it finally happens. I know what you mean about riding again. I can't wait either. I had my surgery on the 8th of January and go back for my 5 wk check up tomorrow. I already feel so much better. Hang in there and keep us informed. Tammy
baddgurrl
on 2/12/04 4:23 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Thanks so much for the reply and encouragement Tammy. I always see your posts and wonder when this photo was taken, you certainly do not look overweight at all, and are very pretty too. I am glad you have had a good experience so far, I was a little worried about the frothing episode you had, and wondered what I was getting myself into. I know it will be worth it, but just knowing hese things can happen helps me feel like I will be better prepared not to panic should they happen to me. One thing I cannot understand is the not being able to get in enough fluidxs, I am diabetic, so always have a drink nearby, and am thirsty a lot. Doesn't the water just go right through the pouch? I am looking forward to doing EXACTLY what the Dr. advises, I am pretty strong willed, and feel somewhat preepared as I have had gallbladder surgery in the past, and the surgeon said it will be very similar in reagrds to pain and recovery, probably less so, as it has been a few years. This year looks so promising to me. Maybe you can come up and ride with me through the forests of Prescott when we are both comfortable. I am very happy that this will be possible for me.
Most Active