Dr Blackstone, Scottsdale

suzcar51
on 2/9/04 6:20 am - Somewhere in, AZ
Post Op Dr. B patient. Loved her and the staff back last year. Things have changed alot. Support group was good, but the older you are as a post op the less support there is. Understandable but in my opinion us older ones need support also. Surgery was uneventful with the exception of re admit with UTI, diverticulitis, and they also found a spleen infarction. Dr. B's office said they didn't knick my spleen, didn't have any spleen problems prior (as documented with abdominal ultrasound pre surgery). So, don't know how it happened???? Other than that I think the entire experience was a very positive one. Randy sees me now, so I haven't seen Dr. B since I was in the hospital.
lemarie22
on 2/9/04 8:08 am - Glendale, AZ
I haven't had my surgery yet, but I am going through the Scottsdale Bariatric Center. I don't know who will be doing my surgery, but this is what I do know: Nobody has an ugly baby and nobody has an incompetent surgeon. Everybody loves their baby and everybody's surgeon is the best. Everybody has an opinion. Everybody is more than willing to share their opinion. Rather than take people's opinions, especially if they had not done business with the doctor they were opining on, I decided to do some leg work myself. I started visiting people in the hospital. Many of these people I met for the first time just a few hours after their surgery and they were always so wonderful about sharing their experiences. I went to Good Sam's, I went to Scottsdale Shea and I've even called people out of state. I talked to people who have been operated on by a whole gamut of doctors from Blackstone to Zahn. I talked to my attorney who has had wls himself. I've called the AMA and researched on line for hours. I tend to research the hell out of everything. I've met both doctors, I've researched both doctors, I like both doctors. The end result is this, if I wasn't comfortable with SBC, I wouldn't be having this surgery. Period. I'm comfortable with Doxey and Blackstone. Connie - Who's approved and waiting for her surgery date.
Richard L.
on 2/9/04 1:05 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Thanks for all the replies, I have met 2 Pre-Ops and 3 Post-Ops in my support group who have either had the surgery with Dr B or are going to have the surgery with Dr B. I am excited about getting this going. I am confortable with my decision to have Dr B do my surgery, thanks for the input.
Most Active