Dr Blackstone, Scottsdale

Richard L.
on 2/7/04 3:12 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Has anyone here had their surgery by Dr Blackstone in Scottsdale, if so, please tell what you think of her and the Bariatric center. Thanks
Richard L.
on 2/7/04 3:13 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Oops sorry about the icons!
Dennis W.
on 2/7/04 6:19 pm - Dewey, Az
Icons, what Icons? I just thought that you were showing a lot of emotion. AS for Dr. Blackstone, my sister in law had her surgery done by her last October and is doing great. She just loves Robin and thinks the world of her and her bedside manner. I tried to use her, but my insurance would not pay anything out of network. Midstream I did choose Dr. Terry Simpson and also after some extensive research decided to have the DS instead of the RNY.
Tamara T.
on 2/7/04 8:43 pm - Claypool, AZ
Hi, I had Dr. Doxey, Dr. Blackstone's associate. The entire staff at Scottsdale Bariatric are wonderful and supportive. I just love Dr. Doxey and have heard absolutely wonderful things about Dr. Blackstone. Tammy Lap RNY 1/8/04 Down over 30 lbs
Jessmac
on 2/8/04 1:46 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had Dr. B., and can't overstate how pleased I am with her, the other staff, the hospital (she works out of Scottsdale Shea), the aftercare program, everything. I give Dr. B. and Scottsdale Bariatric my highest recommendation. Please feel free to email me if you have specific questions.
jennifer A.
on 2/8/04 4:09 am - Glendale, Az
Dr. Blackstone did my surgery....Even with complications it has been a great experience and I would do it again in a second.
(deactivated member)
on 2/8/04 9:04 am - El Mirage, AZ
I second Tamara's reply. I had Dr. Doxey, her associate, but that staff is FANTASTIC. Before care, after care, follow up. They are REALLY top notch. ANOTHER PLUS, I wasn't stuck on liquids for 3-4 weeks!! I mean no disrespect to other patients, surgeons, OR other programs, but if Dr. B is having us on liquids for 5 days, and then soft foods for a month after, without reservations...why is 3-4 weeks of liquids pushed so hard @ OTHER centers?? It wasn't that I was HUNGRY, but I SO craved TASTING things, & textures. I just think 3-4 weeks would be incredibly depressing, and almost like a punishment! You gotta get on with life!! Food will ALWAYS be a part of it....face it! LOL Anyhow...I loved them ALL. Melissa, the surgical assist is TOP KNOTCH also. Good Luck!! ~Michelle post op 11/21 246/204-ish???/145
Stephanie H.
on 2/8/04 6:30 pm - St. Louis, MO
Michelle says: Dr. B is having us on liquids for 5 days, and then soft foods for a month after, without reservations...why is 3-4 weeks of liquids pushed so hard @ OTHER centers?? Other centers keep you on 3/4 weeks of liquids to give your new pouch ample time to heal! I cannot IMAGINE putting anything but liquids into a brand new pouch for at least 3 weeks. Its only a staple line that is holding your new "baby" together, why in the world would you put something solid in there and risk an abruption? I am very familiar with Dr Blackstone's protocol and this was always an item of contention to me. I have had several friends that have had surgery with her and I must tell you that MOST of them were NOT happy with her aftercare at all, with two of them having some SEVERE complications, and no help from her staff. I'm not trying to dis her protocol, but please consider what I've said about WHY other programs keep you on liquids for so long. Stephanie September 27, 2001 Dr Hilario Juarez St Luke's Medical Center 285/160/160 !!
jennifer A.
on 2/10/04 9:04 am - Glendale, Az
I don't feel any surgeons postop protocol is wrong or right...After doing tons of research on every surgeon in Az. I found that they all have their own justifiable reasons for doing things the way they do them.I chose the one who best suited my needs and I felt most comfortable with.
(deactivated member)
on 2/9/04 5:26 am - El Mirage, AZ
Again, I said "with NO disrespect" when I posted that. It's a matter of opinion, only. You have yours, I have mine! (I have had ZERO problems, btw) Kind regards, Michelle
Most Active