Cardiac Clearance prior to surgery

Kathy L.
on 2/2/04 8:51 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Has anyone, (specifically patients of Dr. Juarez), found out shortly before their surgery that they need "Cardiac Clearance"? I called the doctor's office yesterday, 2Feb,to see if all my paperwork, etc. was in order. The scheduler mentioned that I needed "Cardiac Clearance". When I started this journey, I was given a checklist with the many pre-op requirements. No where on that sheet is Cardiac Clearance mentioned! My surgery date is the 20Feb and my insurance is Pacificare HMO. My husband and some friends are treating me to a trip to Maui before the surgery. I will be gone over a week and have very little time to get my Cardiac Clearance. It doesn't help that my PCP's recorded message says that 5-7 working days to get a referal to a cardiologist. Also, I haven't heard back from them despite my stressing that this was urgent request. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Kathy
Arizona_Sun
on 2/4/04 12:23 am - Gilbert, AZ
Yes, I had to have cardiac clearance and went to the Heart Institute for that because they had my past work up with them from a few years ago. However, I did know about this when I saw the surgeon for my consult as it was specifically what he ordered. Perhaps you need to do a Walk In at your PCP to stress the urgency of the referral. Good luck. Sandra
Kathy P.
on 2/5/04 5:33 am - AZ
My husband had to get this also Dr. Juarez informed him before submitting paper work. He just had the test this week. His Dr. was Jean Chatham here in mesa az. He was very good he has also dealt with people having this surgery when he was in Georgia so he is very formular with the surgery and the requirements very good cardiologist to. Good luck kathy
Kathy L.
on 2/5/04 7:39 am - Phoenix, AZ
Kathy, do I understand you correctly...your husband had his cardiac clearance before Dr. Juarez's office submitted it to his insurance carrier? My problem seems to be solved at the moment. I have an appointment tomorrow, 6Feb, for the stress test and echocardiogram. They wanted me to come back next week to discuss the results. However, I will be out of town. Seems it would be more important to get the results to Dr. Juarez instead of discussing with me! My follow-up is on the 16th. Thanks for you advice! Kathy
Ellie D.
on 2/10/04 8:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Kathy, I was a patient of DR Fangs which is DR Juarez's partner. The cardiac clearance is not for the insurance company it is because of the anastesiologist is now requiring that each patient have it done. It is a precaution they want and I was rushed to get it... I have pacificare also and had to go to the heart institute on 7th st and mcdowell. What a pain it was but I am glad I had it cause made me feel better going into surgery knowing my ticker was in good working order. GOOD LUCK!
Most Active