Question...

Shrinking F.
on 1/22/04 11:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
I'm a week out and having a lot of belchie issues. It seems that I swallow a lot of air when I drink. Any suggestions on how to help with this? Thanks in advance... KL Open RNY 01-13-04
Tanya T.
on 1/22/04 10:03 pm - mesa, az
Hi, It is nothing to be concerned about. I had the same issue. Your pouch is much smaller than your stomache so if you swallow just a little bit of air it must come out. I will get slightly better but you will always have to belch alot. Congrats on your new life, Tanya
Tammy F.
on 1/22/04 11:50 pm - Fishers, IN
Hi, I'm 9 weeks out and still belch a lot. I've been told it's a common side effect of this surgery that will get better but will never totally go away. I can live with that since the benefits of WLS far outweigh the drawbacks. Good luck! Tammy
Arizona_Sun
on 1/26/04 10:11 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I welcome any sign of gas at either end as it means things are moving through. I don't remember having a lot of belchies though, but perhaps I just did not worry about it at the time. I always seem to have the requisite belchies after eating though and from what I have heard they are pretty much normal. Fortunately mine are quiet. Sandra 303/290 pre-surgery/259/145 BTC Scottsdale, Dr. Schlesinger December 8, 2003
Most Active