Cash program fees?

Sally Jane N.
on 1/22/04 7:30 am - AZ
Hi All, Do all of our AZ. docs ask for a $1250.00 program fee up front and uncovered by post insurances of their barriatrics patients? Seems like a lot of money when the surgery is over 25,000. Just asking........ I visited Dr. Simpson's website and found where he wants this money. Any one know who else is? Pam Richmond Clifton,AZ
Jessmac
on 1/22/04 7:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
My doc, Dr. Blackstone, took no money from me. The hospital took a $100 deductible for my insurance.
Kim R.
on 1/22/04 12:38 pm - Peoria, AZ
My Dr. did not require this either. I'm having my surgery with Bariatric Treatment Ctr. in Scottsdale. I think you should shop around. Sounds like "padding" to me! Kim R/az
Dennis W.
on 1/22/04 1:29 pm - Dewey, Az
Hi Pam....Yes it does seem like quite a bit of extra money to shell out. However, it is for a very special pre-op program that Dr. Simpson has for his patients. It include 4 very inclusive classes that he does require his patients to take before their surgery. Yes it seems to be a little uncommon for the WLS but then Dr. Simpson is a very uncommon doctor. Very sincere, caring, talented and funny and will be there for his patients every step of the way for the rest of your life. Like I said, He IS a very special man. Of course you can tell that I am somewhat biased towards him. He will be doing the DS cutting on my March 8th.....Let me know if I can help with anything......... Dennis Webster Dewey, Arizona
azldsgal
on 1/23/04 12:02 am - Chandler, AZ
Are you talking about Dr Simon or is there another doctor named Dr Simpson??? If you are talking about Dr Simon's office I am in the process trying to get surgery thru him and I was never told I had to front 1200.00 for some classes....When do you they tell you this??? Christina
baddgurrl
on 1/23/04 1:39 am - Chino Valley, AZ
I think Dr. Newhoff is a very capable and special surgeon who has been performing this surgery for something like 27 years, he is respected nationally, and is extremely knowlegable, and he does not ask for this money. He also has lifetime follow ups for his patients, at no extra charge. I'd look around if I was you..............
Dennis W.
on 1/23/04 11:36 am - Dewey, Az
Christina, there is only one Dr. Terry Simpson in Phoenix. Dr. Simon is a different Doc and does not do the DS. Dr. Simpson lets all of his future patients know about these classes and their cost at his first seminar. He feels that if his patients have to come up with this kind of money that they will take the program more seriously. I know I will.......
jennifer A.
on 2/7/04 2:26 pm - Glendale, Az
I believe Dr. Simpson is the only surgeon in Az. who is requiring this type of fee....This out of pocket fee is what dissuaded me from having Dr. Simpson as my surgeon. I ended up with Dr. Blackstone and have been very happy with my decision. Most surgeons have preop teaching classes at no extra charge.
Most Active