just decided I need to do this.. although I need help.. rural AZ help(prescott)

Rhonda B.
on 1/20/04 6:18 am - Prescott, az
okay.... so I'm fat and tired of it... I have officially decided that I need to have the WLS.. however I have no idea where to start... I have contacted my insurance and have gotten all the little requirements that they want me to complete before they will approve... now I guess I am at the stage where I need to find a doctor... however I live in Prescott and I fear that the doctors arn't all that educated on obesity and will not reccomend me for WLS.... does anyone have any advise on how I can go about finding a physition that is PRO WLS? does anyone know of any doctors in the area that are pro WLS? my insurance requires me to be on at least a 6 month supervised diet and nutrition program.. however, I can have the surgon oversee this.... does anyone know if it's a good idea to have the WL surgon walk you through the 6 months prior or is it best to go to a regular physition and then have them recommend you? have no idea what to do or where to go!!!! any help would be great
Tamara T.
on 1/20/04 9:34 am - Claypool, AZ
Hi Rhonda, I also live in a rural area (Globe) my physician was very knowledgable about WLS and was a great help to me in the process. Most Doctors just need to write a letter stating that you are a candidate for the surgery. I would go to your regular dr. for the weight loss program if you haven't done it already ie: weigh****chers etc. Good luck, Tammy Lap RNY 1/8/04
baddgurrl
on 1/23/04 1:53 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Hi, I am currently going to Dr. in Chino Valley and they have at least one Dr. on staff that is very knowlegable about WLS and have been instrumental in helping me with finding a surgeon etc. Chino Valley Medical Center, they may take your Insurance. And don't think just cause you're not in Phoenix doesn't mean that we don't have phenomenal Dr.'s here. This is mostly an Insurance fight you will be facing, but your Dr. has to be working on it with you. Good Luck!!!!
Most Active