NEW TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD!

Cat B.
on 1/19/04 3:18 pm
Hi everyone! I'm new here...didn't know this place even existed until tonight! I'm 1 yr!post-op.....my lap DS, done by Dr. Robt. Rabkin in SF, was performed on 12-27-02. I've been looking for a support group here in the Phx area....anyone know of a good group? Thx! Cat
Tammy F.
on 1/19/04 10:33 pm - Fishers, IN
Hi Cat, Welcome to the board! Which side of the valley are you in? We have a Far West Valley group that meets once a month...we all met through this board. Plus there's another westside WLS group that meets in Glendale...it's a Yahoo based group. And I know there are some east side groups as well but I don't know the specifics on them as I live in Avondale so I didn't really have a need to know We had our Far West meeting in January already but February's will be rolling around soon. If you'd like more info on it or to be added to the mailing list, drop an email to Shell at [email protected]. If you'd like the link to the Yahoo westside WLS group, just let me know and I can send it to you. Tammy
Cat B.
on 1/19/04 10:40 pm
Tammy...Good morning and thx for the info! I live at Tatum and Shea. How often are meetings? Would it matter that I didn't have my surgery locally? Cathy
Stephanie H.
on 1/20/04 3:08 am - St. Louis, MO
Hi Cathy, I'm the contact for the West Valley group that meets in Peoria! We'd love to have you join us if you'd like to. There are people there from all walks of life, all different surgeons, from a lot of different states, although MOSTLY from AZ. It doesn't matter that you had your surgery in SF. You and a support person are MORE than welcome to join us whenever you'd like. Here's the information on the NW Valley support group that meets in Peoria! This is a group that meets two times a month to support Westside members in WLS. All Pre-op, Post-ops and Lap-Band Patients from the Phoenix area are welcome. This includes (but not limited to) Tolleson, Glendale, Phoenix, Surprise, Sun City,El Mirage,Avondale,Goodyear, Buckeye,and Youngtown. Anyone else who would like to attend are welcome. ALL area WLS Doctors are supported here. We meet the second and fourth Mondays of every month at 6:00 pm till 7:30pm. The first meeting of the month is usually a guest speaker or general forum with questions and answers (sometimes a few of us go out to dinner AFTER the meeting ) and the second is always a clothing exchange and pot luck YUMMM! So bring your favorite dish to share (we have plugs for hot pots) The address is Valley West YWCA 8561 N. 61st AVE. Glendale, Az. This is on 61st Ave between Olive and Northern Ave's, on the east side of the street. Hope to see you there! Steph Here's the website: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WestSide_AZWLS/
Tammy F.
on 1/20/04 6:36 am - Fishers, IN
We've been meeting once a month. Our first meeting was just in December so we haven't really established a definite pattern of the first Friday of the month, second Friday of the month or anything like that yet. Anyone from anywhere and regardless of surgeon is always welcome to attend our Far West support group meetings. I had my surgery in LA by the way. Tammy
Most Active