Surgery possibly in 2 weeks!!! WooHoo!

Kim R.
on 1/3/04 6:00 am - Peoria, AZ
Well, things are moving really fast. I finally got my letter of approval yesterday (Friday) afte 2 weeks. BTC still hadn't received theirs but told me I could fax it on Monday and possibly come in on Tuesday for my preop testing. Yowza! I asked how soon surgery would be scheduled and she indicated they might possibly get me in the following Tuesday! OMG! It is really happening and I have so many things I need to do to get ready! I am so excited and nervous. I had a sleepless night last night just thinking of the death thing. I am trying to stay positive though. I need too...my hubby is worrying enough for the both of us! I will keep you posted on the exact date. Please keep me in your prayers! Kim R/az
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/04 12:27 pm - El Mirage, AZ
WOW, Kim, that's great. That's the funny thing about this surgery. If you were as unlucky as me, it was EIGHT LONG MONTHS of fighting with Cigna. But, I have to tell you, once I got my denial overturned, my life flashed before my eyes!! Pre-op testing, pre-op class, getting my Short term disability squared away at work, ordering vitamins, post op meals (liquids for 5 days). It was all such a blurr. I think it was just a little more than a 2 week wait for me, from approval to my surgery date, but it FLEW. As for the thoughts of death. I didn't deny it could happen, but you know what, I could have died having both my boys c-section. The best thing you can do for yourself is simply be educated about the risks, and simply accept them. Honestly, I firmly believe that my days were numbered from the day I was born, and "when its time its time". I refused to dwell on dying from this surgery. Again, I didn't DENY it, just didn't DWELL on it. The only prayer I said was "Lord, please don't take me from my kids. They need me, and I need them". On my surgery day, I was very much at peace. Honest-to-God, wasn't nervous at all, but rather excited to begin a new life. I kissed my hubby, and an hour later, saw him standing next to me in recovery. We take SO many other risks in life. Things that we don't even give a second thought to; smoking, drinking, drinking/driving (not one I practice, but God knows, in my younger years, I did!) drugs, heck, simply DRIVING a car! Try to focus on the new, wonderful life you will have. I can tell you, I have never regretted a minute of it, and I'll be 2 months post op on 1/21. I wish you well, drop me a line if you need to talk. We are ALL here for you, and we have ALL felt what you are feeling! Good luck!! ~Michelle post op 11/21
Kim R.
on 1/4/04 4:43 am - Peoria, AZ
Thank you Michelle, I mean it when I say this board has been a God send. I have gotten so much information here. I know the logic of being killed by just crossing the street, but sometimes I worry that we tempt fate. I have a strong faith and can only pray like you did, that God will not take me from my children and family. Thank you so much for your encouragement! It really means alot! Kim R/az
Tamara T.
on 1/3/04 10:55 pm - Claypool, AZ
I am so happy for you. Believe me having it go that fast is a blessing. I am exactly a year to the date from first starting my journey to my surgery. just under 2 months from approval to surgery. Gives you alot of time toplay head games with yourself. I just know that this is the right thing for me and if I don't my kids won't have me around. I go in on 1/6/04. You take care and I will keep you in my prayer. Tammy
Kim R.
on 1/4/04 4:50 am - Peoria, AZ
Tammy, You are in my prayers and know that we will all be here waiting for you to come home healthy and on the losing side! Take care and God Bless you! Kim R/az
Arizona_Sun
on 1/3/04 11:40 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Kim - that is terrific. The quickness of surgery is wonderful and mostly because the Scottsdale facility is so new. I was thrilled to get my surgery so quickly up there and to actually get it done in 2003 as I was originally hoping. You will love the facility and staff. Sandra Open Distal RNY Dr. Schlesinger December 8, 2003 303/290 pre-surgery/267/145 or so
Kim R.
on 1/4/04 5:01 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi Sandra! Thank you again for all the information you have shared with me about your personal experience and BTC. I have been so lucky to find you wonderful ladies here. I am anxious and nervous! I scrubbed my shower today and have been doing laundry. I'm hoping I can get my house organized before I have surgery. I am such a NAG about it! LOL! Please keep me in your prayers and I hope to have the EXACT date by tomorrow once I fax my approval. I am hoping it will be next week as Toni said. Thanks again! Kim R/az
lemarie22
on 1/7/04 5:24 pm - Glendale, AZ
Kim, That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you and am praying for a fast and uneventful recovery. I know you'll do fine. Connie
Most Active