Curves for Women

J M.
on 12/27/03 2:38 am - AZ
Hello All! Has anyone joined Curves? It looks like something I might like but I have heard they are very expensive. Does anyone know the cost or if they make you sign a long term contract? Thanks! Judie
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/03 3:35 am - El Mirage, AZ
I just joined. YES, they can be spendy, but so can the YMCA, LA Fitness, etc. I just figure, I had a $24,000 surgery, I'm worth the $29/mo! I paid HALF of their membership fee, which was 74.00 and some change. ($76.22, w/ tax) From there, I could use the facility as often as I wanted for the rest of this month, and then starting in Jan., they will debit me $29/mo (its $39.00 if you don't allow them to debit it) You are under contract for 2 years, but a minimum of a year. (you then can cancel, in writing) I was a bit shocked at first, when she wrote the membership fee down on a piece of paper as we discussed it and how things work there. ("YIKES, can I afford this?") But then she said they have a special, waiving HALF of it. That was more do-able, Especially knowing I didn't have to pay $29.00 on TOP of that. I highly recommend it. I would ask them, right out, if they have any "specials" regarding that membership fee. If they say no, then say "I'll have to wait then", see if they "bite". With the New Year coming, I would bet that they DO have some sort of special. I really, really enjoy it. 3 trips around, and you are DONE, in a 1/2 hour. Can't beat that! Now, last night, it darn near KILLED me to get my hinney over there..lol I was SO tired, but I did it, and afterwards, I felt fantastic. And mine is a large block away from me, IF that! So, I bike over! Good luck to you!!! ~Michelle
Kim R.
on 12/28/03 1:08 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Judy! I'm going to be joining as soon as I get my surgery done. We have one real close to me at 75th Ave. & Cactus. I can't wait! Let me know how it goes. Kim Richards
Most Active