Hello to all Arizonians LOL

Leatha S.
on 12/25/03 1:43 pm - Tucson, AZ
I am just trying to get the feel of being one of the "chosen" to get this WONDERFUL NEW LIFE. Hubby and I started this journey back in March of 2003. When our PCP asked us," Have you two ever thought about WLS?" Let me tell you both our hearts jumped up in our throat and then we said is tomorrow to soon? LOL Well after several nail biting months and all of the red tape that most of you have already been through. We were both approved and earlier this month we were both given a surgery date of April 12 and April 19. Well it's a good thing Mother lives only a few miles away from us she is going to take care of us during our recovery. Now my question is: Have any of you had to stay at a local motel when you are from another town? (after surgery) We are from Tucson and are having surgery at St. Lukes in Phoenix. We were kind of conserned as to whether this was something normal or If this was just special cases? Thanks to all and God Bless. Leatha
joyful516
on 12/26/03 4:50 am - Gilbert, AZ
Staying in a hotel when you live away from the city you are having surgery in is the norm. People do it all the time!
Tamara T.
on 12/26/03 9:21 pm - Claypool, AZ
Hi Leatha, I live in Globe and having surgery in Scottsdale on 1/8/04. Luckily my new mother in law lives in Mesa and is all ready to take care of me during my first week of recoup. But I have known many folks that have stayed in a hotel after surgery until their first post op appt. Good luck to you and your hubby. Tammy
Heather S.
on 12/27/03 1:25 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hello Leatha, I would suggest checking with your surgeon or Kelly in the Weight Management office at Saint Lukes. They may recommend that you stay a few days just to make sure that everything is ok and that you don't have any unexpected complications. That way you wont have to drive back to phoenix if you do. Best of luck! I had my surgery done in March 03' by Dr. Juarez and I'm 10 pounds away from his goal weight. I'm down to 150 from 280 and it's been the best thing I've ever done.
Most Active