Patty's old clothes

Patty P.
on 12/7/03 8:09 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Howdy -- Since Patty is now down to a size 16W, she has a fair amount of clothing that she can't use anymore; specifically, she has about sixteen items (suits, dresses, jackets and shirts) in sizes 22-24, 2X. They are nice business clothes, most of which need dry cleaning. We called "Her Majesty's Closet" (16th Street & Bethany Home), but they are over-stocked right now. Anyone have any idea what we can do with them, or can anyone use them ? Let me know. Cheers, Shell, Patty's husband
Tammy F.
on 12/7/03 9:17 am - Fishers, IN
Hi Shell, You can always volunteer them for a good home here on the message boards. Or if you'd like, you can sell them on eBay. When I was thinning out my closets a couple of years ago, I sold a tremendous amount of plus-size clothing on there. We all know how expensive plus-size clothing is so there's a major market on eBay for used items in good to excellent condition. Good luck! Tammy
lemarie22
on 12/7/03 10:12 pm - Glendale, AZ
If you'd like to make a donation to a very worthy cause, the Sojourner Center would love them. They are a non-profit group that helps women who are victims of domestic abuse and are trying to get back on their feet and into the job market. Plus size clothing is seldom donated and very welcome. http://www.sojournercenter.org/ Connie
Tamara T.
on 12/8/03 1:11 am - Claypool, AZ
I agree Connie, the Sojourner Center is a fantastic cause.
Tanya T.
on 12/8/03 5:25 am - mesa, az
Shell and Patty you might look into a shelter for abused women. Very often these women have to leave their house with the clothes on their backs. Many times these women also have to find either new or different employment because of their situation. I am sure they would love some "interview clothes" for some of the residents. Good luck. Tanya T
Most Active