Off Topic - Prayers Needed

lemarie22
on 12/3/03 9:56 pm - Glendale, AZ
As some of you know, I've spent a lot of time in the emergency room with my sister over the last few months. She's had Ulcerative Colitis since she was 17 and has been on Predinsone all of that time. She now has no immune system left and infected cysts are over running her body. She's been hospitalized time and time again because of hemorrhaging and severe anemia and dehydration. We are such frequent hospital visitors that the staff lets me scrub up and hold her whole they lance and drain the cysts. Sometimes 3 or 4 of them at a time. This is such a horribly painful procedure that even when they knock her out, she wakes up in the middle of the ordeal, screaming. This morning they will be removing her colon to get her off of the Predinsone. I'm so afraid that she will not survive this. The infection rate for this procedure is over 60% and she is already starting out with a raging infection that antibiotics have not cleared up. She has wasted away to nothing and has no physical strength. Last Sunday as we were in the emergency room and I was holding her, she told me that if it were not for her small children, she would have killed herself by now. Please pray hard for her today. I've spent the night praying and bartering with God and I have offered up everything I can think of to save this girl's life. She's only 35 and has a one year old and a three year old that need for her to come home. Thanks, Connie
Kim R.
on 12/3/03 11:32 pm - Peoria, AZ
Connie, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I stopped and said a prayer for her and her little ones and to give you and your family the strength to get thru this. Please keep the faith and try to be strong. Never give up on our Lord. Please keep us posted and know that she will be in our prayers. By the way, I'm a neighbor of yours, I live in Peoria. Kim
Tamara T.
on 12/3/03 11:58 pm - Claypool, AZ
All of my prayers are for her today sweetie. Keep the faith. Tammy
Shrinking F.
on 12/4/03 12:33 am - Phoenix, AZ
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Know that she, her young children and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers today. Don't lose faith, miracles still do happen. KL
Donna M.
on 12/4/03 3:12 am - Avondale, AZ
Connie.. I'm so sorry about your sister and needless to say she will be in my thoughts and prayers as well as you always are... BB
Tanya T.
on 12/4/03 3:27 am - mesa, az
Connie, You can count on all of us to send your our prayers today. Please keep us informed about her progress. Tanya T
Tammy F.
on 12/4/03 3:45 am - Fishers, IN
Connie, your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. Miracles can happen so that's what I'm praying for.... Tammy
doglover
on 12/4/03 4:28 am - Glendale, Az
Connie: Know that our prayers and thoughts are with both you and your sister go through the procedure. Watching a loved one in pain is so hard. You are not alone! We are all praying for you.
Arizona_Sun
on 12/4/03 4:41 am - Gilbert, AZ
Connie - your sister is in my prayers. Hearing something like this certainly helps me to put my life in perspective. I am so sorry for her and her small children. What a horrible thing to endure. Hopefully this will help rid her body of infection and she can go on to a healthy life. Sandra
lemarie22
on 12/4/03 12:17 pm - Glendale, AZ
Thank you all so much for your prayers and well wishes. I do believe in the power of prayer and think that you have made a difference. She survived surgery and is doing as well as can be expected at this rate. The infection that she has turned out to be the most severe strain of staph infection. I'm counting on God and time to heal her and give her her strength back. Thank you so much, Connie
Most Active