I NEED aNSWERS pLEASE!!!!

BOBOKITTY
on 11/28/03 7:06 am - MD
Hi All, It's that time again. Yes, for me to vent. My support systems are in order, my weight is pulling off fast, but fast in who's eyes? Not mine that is for sure. Oh you look so good, to who? Not me. I know you feel good, No not really. Sure I can eat just about anything and not get sick, at least for now. Be thankful they say, oh but I am thankful. So what are you trying to say they ask? I am doing this thing because I have no choice at his point I say. But in the meantime can anybody tell me when does it get better. I have talked with my therapist, I have talked with my Lisa C. I have talked with Lisa D. I have talked with Wendy, I have talked with Debbie and tons of others. But when do I feel better I ask. Now what I need to know is the real deal. I need to talk to someone who is having the emotional difficulties that I am having. I am not sure what is wrong, is it just me, am I the only one that feels this way. I mean I read post after post after post and I hear all the glitz and glamour, but I have yet to come across anyone that has really displayed any real emotional trauma. If you are out there please respond because I need to talk. If you do not wanna tell your story on air please email me privately. I just need to know am I the only person that feels this way. I can give very good advice, and I can give lots of support and say encouraging things and mean them from the bottom of my heart, but I can not take my own advice, I am terrible at being my own support person. I am not trying to scare and new post ops or pre ops, this does not affect everybody the same, but for me it is beyond anything I could have evr conceived mentally and before I loose my mind I just need to know is it me? Am I the only person that feels this way? Adrienne
Tanya T.
on 11/29/03 12:26 am - mesa, az
Adrienne, You are not alone. I have times during the day that this is very hard for me. I can not eat very good now. As I sit here and type I am in pain. I miss eating normal. I miss eating and not being in pain. I miss not throwing up after I try to eat. I am fustrated with the weight loss. I am at a plateau and do not know why. I have pain in one of my incesions and this has prevented me from exercising. Very fustrating. So my dear Adrienne you are not alone. 90% of the time I do not regreat this decision but about 10% of the time I wonder what the heck I was thinking. I am sure it will get better for the both of us. Tanya T
jennifer A.
on 11/29/03 4:54 am - Glendale, Az
I'm almost 6 months out and while I had alot of physical complications they were nothing compared with the emotional ones...Before surgery I couldn't keep food out of my mouth and after surgery I couldn't keep any food in..That was a major mind trip in itself.....I had 130 pounds to lose and I've lost 90 of it in only 5 1/2 months... I've been losing about 15 pounds a month and I know that I have at least 6 more months of the "window of opportunity" to lose the rest so I will achieve my goal weight in a few months.I should be very happy with that and I know this is going to sound insane but I really didn't want to lose it this fast . I actually thought I would be able to have some control over it...I've quickly found out that I have no control over it and that is scary to me...But because of the emotional conflict I still continue to try and slow down the weightloss . I have been in therapy because even before surgery I knew that I was going to be in a battle with myself.As much as i hated to be overweight and as many health problems as it was causing...the weight was serving a purpose in my life. When I'm thinner I feel vulnerable and exposed and I have a hard time dealing with the added attention from the opposite sex and in setting boundaries that go with that. I knew beforehand that food was an outlet for me when I was bored,angry,lonely or you name it but I didn't realize just how big of an outlet it was until after wls.It has been such a fast change that I have felt very disconnected from myself.For me,this surgery was really hard physically but that resolved itself and improved after a few months but emotionally I know that it is going to take much longer.
Most Active