Hospital experiences in Tucson??

frank J.
on 11/26/03 12:16 am - tucsn, AZ
I have been reading some horror stories about hospital stays. Bad staff and bad care, I am spooked. Anyone had surgery at northwest in Tucson??
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/03 3:47 am - El Mirage, AZ
All I can say is, I hope it's better than MY experience @ Scottsdale's Shea Hosptial. * Had my surgery @ 9:45 a.m. didn't see my hubby but once after surgery in post-op OR get a room until 5:45 that night. By that time, Mark HAD to go home, he was dead tired. (and mad as hell) He came back @ 8. I was fearful they'd tell him no, as visiting hours were over. He said "I would have TOLD them what they could do with their visiting hours". LOL * I had ONE meal. And that was ONLY because I asked "shouldn't I be getting some broth"? She said "You got lunch", I said "Surely, I would remember that, no I did not". Supper time went by also. Finally got my VERY sucky broth, and OK jello- at 10 that night. * Went from surgery until into the next morning without my leg pressure cuffs that prevent blood clots. I told them time and time again, these aren't hooked to ANY machine! They just had them on me from SURGERY! Finally JD (my favorite nurse, tho I only had him for a few hours) went downstairs HIMSELF, and brought up the machine. All I can say is, I hope you have it better. I was NOT impressed. Sure, the rooms are nice, but WHO CARES!? Did you check the hospital review section here? Good LUCK! ~Michelle 5 days post-op
Tanya T.
on 11/27/03 3:14 am - mesa, az
Frank, My experience was quite wonderful. My nurses were wonderful and very helpfull. I was "trapped" in recovery until 630pm and my sugery was at 730am but the nurses were so wonderful. I even got a great back-rub from one! When I finally got up to my room I was treated like a queen. Again, my back went into spasm and I got another back rub. So all I can say is that each persons experience is different. I was nice to my nurses and they treated my real good. Good luck Frank! Tanya T
Most Active