Wedding ring fits again!

Jessmac
on 11/16/03 5:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
I never expected to hit this goal within days of surgery, but today I can put my wedding ring on and it isn't uncomfortable. Oh my goodness this means a great deal to me. When it got so small that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it off, I sadly put it aside and made a silent vow that I'd do whatever I had to do to lose enough weight to be able to wear it comfortably again. Wearing my ring again has been one of my big goals although I haven't told many people because the subject made me very sad. Wow, who knew that just days after surgery I could wear it again! Counting what I lost before surgery, I've dropped 19 pounds now, and that did the trick! Well, thanks for reading, I just had to tell y'all!
cindy
on 11/16/03 5:49 am - Mesa, az
Jessie, I am just the opposite, I had my wedding ring enlarged so that I could wear it, now it is way to big for me to wear, I am only 3 months post-op, so I will wait to have it re-sized, when I am closer to goal. I am going to have to buy a inexpensive gold band to wear until my ring is sized, I have been married for 33 years and this is the first time I have not been able to wear my wedding ring.
nucgirl97
on 12/1/03 3:00 am - Buckeye, AZ
Cindy i to am waiting till i get closer to goal to get my wedding rings sized. But you can go to any jewler and they can put what they call a guard or sizer in your ring its very comfortable and works wonderful.. Temporary of course but does the trick
Tanya T.
on 11/17/03 3:47 am - mesa, az
Good job Jessie!!!! I have the problem that mine no longer fits also. I too will wait till I get to goal before I size it. Tanya T
joyful516
on 11/21/03 2:01 am - Gilbert, AZ
Tanya tell how you are doing post surgery! Did you go through the wish center?
Most Active