Plugging along....

Tanya T.
on 11/16/03 3:24 am - mesa, az
Hi all, I am just over three weeks out now and I am plugging along. I am getting better with food. Either I am learning how to chew or my pouch is getting less testie. I can eat about 2-2 1/2 ounces at any given time. I can get about 44 ounces of water in. It is getting better. I did have a bad experiece last night. I took my regular medication and did not chop my pills into four. Well....big...big...MISTAKE!! I was throwing up a few minutes later. Guess the pills really are too big. Duh, I guess that would be why Dr. D told me to cut them in four. The problem is that when they are cut into four they go down your throat like shards of glass. That is why I tried not to cut them but I guess I am doomed to swallowing shards of glass..... Anyway lesson learned. Good luck to all the newbies and all the soon to bees. Tanya T
Jessmac
on 11/16/03 5:46 am - Phoenix, AZ
Ewe, "shards of glass" sounds most unpleasant! Good luck with that!
cindy
on 11/16/03 5:53 am - Mesa, az
Tanya, if you take your pills with a protien shake, it is alot nicer, when I cut my pills and take them with water, they are very hard to get down, but try taking your cut up pills with your protein shake, I think you will find that they go down alot easier.
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/03 12:32 pm - El Mirage, AZ
It'll all be but a memory before you know it! I'm happy for you, and proud of you!! ~Mich
Tanya T.
on 11/17/03 3:41 am - mesa, az
Connie, Funny that you should mention protein shakes. I just bought some today and will be trying my first for lunch...yum. I will try taking my pills them. Mich....you make me smile. Girl I am counting the days.....this Friday!!!! Tanya T
Most Active