I do digest... part 3

Patti H.
on 11/15/03 3:57 am - Tucson, AZ
Saturday, November 15, 2003 12:21 pm: A deep change in perception of my priorities revealed itself this morning. I awakened feeling anxious about getting ready to attend a short function for a client who just celebrated a year of abstinence from compulsive gambling. For the first time in my entire life, I looked at the clock and figured out FIRST how and when and what for my own breakfast. Giving appropriate care to my own primary needs is beyond the scope of anything that ever enters my mind. To have it BE there all on its own without my helping is astonishing. I attribute this entirely to the preparation for surgery and the post op education as well as the structure of eating established by Dr. Blackstone (and supported by my beloved Dr. Doxey, and the entire staff of care givers.) Specifically, if I had been advised to do liquid protein instead of real food, the morning would have taken place much differently. The liquid protein would have ridden in the car with me while I transported myself to her meeting. Instead, the egg and I sat at the table in rapt contemplation while I chewed and observed its admission. Now this is truly unprecedented. For 12 meals in a row, I've worked at paying attention. Which means that during that whole mealtime, I'm relieved from the attention to the rest of my life. It's been hard work some meals. But I never imagined that it would generate a change in my own priority! This is gonna be some kind of year, lemme tell ya! With love to you all, Patti Harada in Tucson A Moxie Doxey Doll 8 days post op Definition: Moxie: The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage. Your Love Matters! mailto:[email protected] http://www.lovematters.net
Most Active