Disability Question

tres35cowgirl8
on 11/11/03 10:56 am - * _ *, AZ
I have been trying to get disability since Dec 2002 I just denyied for the second time. I am using a wheel chair to get around, I have sever Back, knee and hip pain. My knee was operated on Feb 2002 and the Dr would never send me to Physical therapy. I was never able to walk right on it again. I have adema in both my legs and have put on 100 lbs in yr I was just weight at Dr Zahn's and up another 12 lbs. I can stand longer than 10 min or walk more then 50 to 100 ft. I have a hard time breathing. I am also on Sleep apnea machine. Disability says I am able to work and I can stand for two hrs. Mind you I use to be an electrician so alot of bending and up and down ladders before I hurt my knee. what to I do? I dont have a surgery date yet I am waiting for Dr Zahn's office to call. I am on tricare but my husband just got back from Iraq 2 months ago and we will loose Tricare in two months. we dont have the 1200.00 to keep the ins for another yr we are barley making it. They can't fix my knee till I get the weight off and right now the surgery is only thing that will save my life. Has anyone else had to deal with any of this?
cindy
on 11/11/03 11:35 am - Mesa, az
I am on disablity, but it took me over a year, and I was denied once, then I went to a disablity lawyer. They do not charge you, but when you get approved it is like 25% that is taken out of your disablity. Since you have been denied twice, I would seek a disability lawyer, they know the right things that need to be turned into disability. I was so glad that I did not put my weight for reason for disability, because once you lose the weight, the disability would end. I have a collection of disabilities, I had a stroke back in 1998, and I am blind on the left side of both eyes and alot of other things. When I went into the lawyer, he told me he once had a client that was denied disability and he had lost his arm, the disability office honestly asked him if he thought there was a chance for his arm to grow back. Stop laughing this is a true story. Maybe tricare can take payments for the 1200.00. Why not give them a call, and find out about some options. I had Dr. Zahn for my surgeon, fantastic doctor, anyway, last that I heard he had a 5 to 6 month waiting list, just to get a appt. Then about 4 months after your first appt. for surgery.
tres35cowgirl8
on 11/11/03 1:14 pm - * _ *, AZ
thank you for answering my ?. this all started with my knee surgery they had me off my feet for 9 months. all the weight grew. now I can hardley walk not only from the back problems but because the knee is not right. I will be calling a lawyer tomorrow. I still dont have a approval for the surgery and still another surgery for the knee. Disability says it has to be a problem for at least 12 months It's been a yr next month. I dont understand how they can deny some one when it's apparent I am even in a wheel chair. Be sides it's not like I am trying to stay on disability for life just to get thru till I am able to work again! Sorry for venting. I hope it doesn't take another 6 months to get surgery I have been trying to get this done for a yr now. How long did it take Tricare to approve I saw Dr Zahn last thursday?
cindy
on 11/11/03 3:18 pm - Mesa, az
Tricare is excellent, 2 days after I saw Dr. Zahn, I was approved. But, if Nicole gets busy it may take her a day or so to get the paperwork to Tricare, so if you do not hear anything by Friday, this week, I would give her a call, and ask her how it is going, and make sure she sent all the paperwork to Tricare.
Most Active