Patti is at her hotel

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/03 8:43 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hi all, Just got off the phone with Patti. She is back @ her hotel, has all staples and drains out, and she is feeling better. She said the staple removal as well as the drain removal were a piece of cake. She said she is not in pain at all. Just tired and has muscular-typed soreness, but not enough to take anything more than a Tylenol. (and they sent her with Percoset, which she has yet to take) Jell-o has been going down fine, but today the broth didn't seem to want to. So, she said "fine"..LOL (GOD, to think I have to be friends with jello..ACK! Not my favorite thing in life, unless it had some fruit in it. I'm a texture kind of person) She tells me the reason she was feeling so "out of it" and groggy was due to the fact that she had severe oxygen deprivation. Jennifer (her daughter) brought it up to the nurse that they couldn't keep her awake and coherent for nothin', so the nurse checked it. It was at 83 and should be 90 or higher. Boy, I'm taking note of that! Apparently once they hooked her up to some oxygen, she was feeling a lot more "with it". I hope I'll be as blessed to have JD as a nurse for sure. I'm sure she had others, but everything I was there, he was there, and he was such a kind man and nuturer. (I know, as a nurse, they are SUPPOSED to be, but I know we could ALL tell stories of Nurse's fom HELL!) She'll be heading back to Tucson on Wed. HUGS! ~Michelle
Arizona_Sun
on 11/9/03 10:35 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Michelle - did Patti have Apnea? I am happy that they discovered the oxygen problem and have resolved it. I, too, will take note of that. I guess I am surprised that checking her oxygen levels was not a standard post-surgery thing. hmmmmm. I am with you on jello and being a texture person. I think I got fat mostly because I like certain textures: nuts in various foods, crunchy stuff, etc. Then, of course, there is my Mexican food lust (actually New Mexico style at Arriba's). Sandra
Donna M.
on 11/10/03 1:10 am - Avondale, AZ
JD is about the ONLY nurse on that floor that was GREAT.....but then you know my thoughts on the rest of them. He was SUPER to me...treated me like a human being instead of a blob in a bed... So glad Patti is doing well wish I knew which hotel...I'd give her a call..
Tamara T.
on 11/10/03 1:54 am - Claypool, AZ
Hey Mich, Let Patti know that I am routing for her. Believe me I am taking note of everything that everyone says. I need to get a list of the little things not to forget to take with me. I was also very greatful for mother nature to make her appearance this weekend so that I won't have to worry about that little problem while I am there. Tell Patti that I send a big HUG here way and hurray for her. by the way I agree about the Jello thing. Tammy
Most Active