DENIED, game over for me.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/03 4:37 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hayes also denied my final appeal. Cigna will fax my reasons to me. (gee, thanks) I asked her, "so, that's IT, huh". She said she'll check and see what my policy states. (I'm pretty sure I can doing NOTHING again for 6 mo. to a year, and by that time, I'll have to start ALL OVER AGAIN, with EVERYTHIING.) So, that's IT for me,folks. I'm speechless. Awful hard to take calls today in the call ceneter when you're on the verge of bawling at any given second. Big huge lump in my throat..(Already went into the rest room and sobbed..look like HELL now) I want to leave work SO bad, but idle hands, idle mind. I talked to Becky @ the Scottsdale BC, asked her to try submitting through BCBS. Not sure how that's gong to work. I only have them thru Dec. 31, and then my employer switched the insurance over to CIGNA. (Yes, I just keep getting BETTER for me) They say it isn't Cigna of AZ and that that ius supposed to be "better". Pardon me for not believing that just yet) I'm just so incredibly sad. All that work, for NOTHING. ~Michelle
Tamara T.
on 10/17/03 4:57 am - Claypool, AZ
Michelle; I am so sorry. Believe me my tears are for you today. I hate that we have become dependent upon nameless, faceless entities to save our lives. My thoughts are with you today. Please yell if I can do anything. Tammy
Shrinking F.
on 10/17/03 5:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
I'm so sorry to hear that Michelle...but don't give up hope yet. Maybe BCBS will come through for you. You're in my thoughts today, if there's anything I can do just ask. KL
Tanya T.
on 10/17/03 7:11 am - mesa, az
Mich, I know that you feel pretty crappy right now but remember that you have a shot with BCBS. Lots of us only have one insurance. Also think about how ahead of the game you are with BCBS since you have already been thru the ringer with Cigna. God bless you and I will continue to pray for you. Tanya T
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/03 11:14 am - El Mirage, AZ
GOD,I HOPE SO.
OLEVIA J.
on 10/17/03 2:37 pm - GILBERT, AZ
Michelle, I am so sorry. I know you are tired of the insurance mess with CIGNA. You have to keep on the trail. I am praying that the other insurance will cover you. Keep your head up, oh I know it is tuff. YOU CAN DO IT! I JUST KNOW IT!
cindy
on 10/17/03 4:39 pm - Mesa, az
I am so sorry, you do not deserve the way Cigna has treated you. I am saying a prayer for you tonight that it will work out with BCBS. Is it possible that you could self-pay, Just a thought, but many people on AMOS have gone to Mexico and had the surgery done for around $10,000. I am just trying to help, keep the faith, something will come though.
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/03 1:44 am - El Mirage, AZ
Everyone, thank you SO much for your kind words. I don't know where'd I be withouth this site, and the yahoo one. I also spoke with a very nice gentleman named Dean at the Az. Dept of Insurance, who told me they (Cigna) were incorrect in sending my appeal to anyone OTHER then THEM! (Apparently all appeals must go through them, according to the pamphlet that I found on their website. I'm not going to jump the gun until I get his info. but that was surely interesting) I'm pretty sure that is one of the things he is sending to me, along with some other info. Yes, I could self pay, ETC, but bottom line, CIGNA was wrong in denying this, and I'm going to PROVE it to them. It's insane that I had to go through this (appeal) again, with them denying me for lack of a 26 week diet OR a Psych eval!!?? It was ALL there, unless these people can't read!!?? thanks! Michelle
T C G.
on 10/18/03 8:10 am
Hi Michelle, A Texan lurking around the other state boards here (to see if I can learn more)... If the reasons you were denied are for the physic eval and a dr. supervised diet of 26 weeks, I've been told that you can do that and then re-submit. Is this not true? Don't give up. The squeaky wheel theory might just work... you never know. Tamara
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/03 8:15 am - El Mirage, AZ
No, see I HAVE IT ALL DONE!! I had a Psyc eval. AND completed my diet as of Sept. 15th. SEE WHAT I MEAN?? These people (Cigna) are whacked, I tell you. The latest was that I didn't see a nutritionist, well, my surgeon didn't require that until very recently, like within the past 2-3 months! I saw a Cigna dietician. I've been working on this since last February! I have hope that the AZ. dept of Insurance is going to step in and inverstigate this.
Most Active