Any help with te other 20% my insurance does not cover for surgery??

confident_classy_Lady
on 1/15/11 4:57 am
I have an appointment with my surgeon on te 20th and have already been told I need to come up with $3,000 my insurance doesn't cover...Does anyone know where I can get help with taht, I have already been denied through care credit and surgeryloans.  Can't afford the money out of pocket and really don't have anyone to ask to help.  Any suggestions would be great!!
100togo4me
on 1/17/11 7:54 am
Have you tried your local credit unions for personal loans? Credit card? Trusted family members? Garage sale? Credit unions usually offer a "personal" loan for things that are not houses, cars, schools, or aircraft.

I want to raise several large for my surgery too, because I do not want to dip from savings. So I am using this program fee requirement as an opportunity to de-crap my hovel! Well, Arizona weather is great this time for yard sales, so I better get back to cleaning out the closet!

Good luck though!
Riza
on 1/22/11 3:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
May be a little late but if you have a 401K you can take a loan out on it. That is what I did for my entire surgery. The interest rate is lower than what most places will charge you, mine I think is about 4% in contrast to 17-19%. By federal law you are allowed to take up to half of your total, though some companies have a policy where a lesser percentage is allowed (my company only lets me borrow %25 of my total).
Most Active