Alexander Villares MD

Missy52
on 10/14/10 9:36 am
I am looking for other people who have had RNY performed by him.
JRinAZ
on 10/15/10 3:03 am - Layton, UT
You can always check out a surgeon through the internet's "lawsuit search".  .... And, if they are not attached to a Center of Excellence then there might be reasons...?

Having some history within the Bariatric biz; the surgeon's I would recommend who have positive results:

Podkamini (band, sleeve, Rny)
Schuster (same as above)
Blackstone (same as above plus DS soon)
Juarez (same as above)
Fang (same as above)

If you are interested in having the BEST chance for long term results, then I'd totally recommend a Duodenal Switch. (www.dsfacts.com)  I would recommend Dr. Keshishian in Los Angeles and possibly Dr. Husted locally (but I don't know enough about him yet to recommend him.  He has some questionable opinions on the DS forum).

Dr. Villares used to work at Banner.  He then worked for AZ Weight Loss Solutions......  He's working somewhere else now.  I would question any surgeon who hops around like that and the reasons behind it.

I do know several people who have had Dr. Villares.  If you'd like more info then please shoot me a pm.

good luck!!!  I hope you find the procedure and surgeon that work well for you!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

StacysMom
on 10/15/10 5:05 am, edited 10/15/10 5:06 am
 Villares was recently censured and put on probation by the AZ medical board.   It appears as though he killed someone by neglecting a serious issue and not surgically investigating it.  Here is a link to the actual document:  azmd.gov/GLSuiteWeb/Repository/0/0/2/2/6434b46f-29b3-4e33-bced-ea6287aec7d5.pdf

ginau
on 10/18/10 5:07 pm - mesa, AZ
Also check out the state medical board -  I think I saw he is working on a reservation in Northern Arizona.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active