Hello excited to be here!

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/10 1:45 pm - Litchfield Park, AZ
Hello all *waves*

I have researched bariatric surgery for three years now. I decided after the last diet I went on that enough was enough I couldn't do this by myself. I wasn't looking for a "quick fix" I realized I really wanted this when I started changing my eating habits and working out more regularly. I realized I am ready for a permanent life style change.  I had the "aha" moment. YOu know the kind that people talk about when they realize what they are meant to be doing? Well I saw my primary care and waiting to get cleared after she sends the letter to my insurance for the six month superivised diet. That is exciting!

Now I go July 23rd to the weight loss seminar. Then wait for the authorization to see the surgeon.

I am excited and 100% ready!

I am ready to get thin!!!!!
JRinAZ
on 7/14/10 3:03 am - Layton, UT
Welcome to the board and to a great lifestyle Lisa!

Kudos to you for embracing a healthy future and for doing research.  It's important to check out all the different weight loss surgery options since a couple are being proven to be unsuccessful and cause comoplications and others are having better long term healthy results.  It's also important to research at least 2 or 3 of the surgeons so you can find a program that is comprehensive to go along with your choice of surgeon.

You can attend as many seminars as you'd like to as they are free and full of information.  I'd recommend attending:

1.  Dr. Podkamini
2.  Dr. Blackstone
3.  Dr. Fang

I first had surgery with Dr. Zahn who is now retired then a surgery with Dr. Schlesinger and finally went to Dr. Keshishian in CA to get fixed.  Dr. K is one of the few DS surgeon's in the U.S. who made the list!  Check out www.dsfacts.com for great info on stats for surgeries.

My .02 matches the stats in  that the duodenal switch is the best procedure for the best lifestyle and longterm weight loss success.  The sleeve is awesome as well as it is a 1st step to the DS and can often be "finished' to a DS if more weight loss is required later in life.  Many many folks do great with the sleeve and pure restriction and never need the malabsorption of the switch added.

I'd recommend attending support groups regularly.  They are full of opinions, ideas, information, experiences and inspiration from peeps who have walked the walk.  I have been attending for 8 years and still get my half cup filled with support group attendance!

Good luck to you on your journey!!!!  Keep us posted and let us know how we can support you!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/10 6:39 am - Litchfield Park, AZ
Thank you so much for the valuable information! I am lucky right now to have a supportive family and Fiance and even his family.  I find online support just as much helpful also!  :-). Unfortunatly my Insurance only covers the lap band and the Route xny bypass.  I have heard positive things about both. I will ask about the DS and the gastric sleeve if those are any options.

So far I am in the very beginning of all of this. I have Mercy Care. So right now I have my weight loss seminar July 23rd then the meeting with the surgeon and two letters of recomendation from the doctor so I can begin the six month journey with her.

Thank you so much!

Lisa
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 7/15/10 10:07 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Welcome Lisa I am glad you have arrived,

Just wanted to say hi and  wish you luck with the research into your new journey. 

Wendy
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active