Support groups

cherubchic85
on 5/24/10 3:05 am
Hi all...this is my first post on here so hopefully I'm doing it right! I'm planning on having a vertical sleeve done at Banner Gateway in July, but I haven't been able to get out there for a support group meeting!  I have evening classes every Tuesday and Wednesday up until my surgery time, and I was wondering if anyone knows any other support groups in the Phoenix metro area that run in the evening on other days or maybe on the weekends?  Thanks!!!!!
JRinAZ
on 5/24/10 5:25 am - Layton, UT
On May 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM Pacific Time, cherubchic85 wrote:
Hi all...this is my first post on here so hopefully I'm doing it right! I'm planning on having a vertical sleeve done at Banner Gateway in July, but I haven't been able to get out there for a support group meeting!  I have evening classes every Tuesday and Wednesday up until my surgery time, and I was wondering if anyone knows any other support groups in the Phoenix metro area that run in the evening on other days or maybe on the weekends?  Thanks!!!!!
Hi Cherubchic!

Congrats on your upcoming sleeve with Banner!  Great choice!!!

Here's a link to a thread that has support group info around AZ.  There are a couple of new surgeon's in the area and so there may be more groups that i'm not aware of.  I'll update it as soon as I get the details but til then....

Here's you go............

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/AZ/4141597/Support-Group-I nfo-for-2010/

And....of course I would TOTALLY recommend coming (bring friends!) to the Weight Loss Surgery  SUPER Saturday WLS Seminar on June 5th.  Details were just posted.  It's for pre-ops, post-ops, curious George's, support folks, etc.  GREAT super stars will be there!  It's hosted by the Westside support group (patient facilitated and NOT program based).

Good luck on your journey!  Keep us posted!  Hopefully we'll meet soon!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

liveinphx
on 5/25/10 10:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
On May 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM Pacific Time, cherubchic85 wrote:
Congrats on your upcoming sleeve procedure. I am almost 2 years post op from the sleeve and if I can be on any help please let me know. I do not attend any of the support groups regularly but am willing to provide support and a "been there done that" post op life point of view.
Feel free to contact me
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Most Active