UPDATE: 2 surgeries and a lot of pain

JRinAZ
on 2/3/10 3:33 am - Layton, UT
On February 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM Pacific Time, MDIASMOORE1969 wrote:
 having a really bad day and cant deal with the pain... dr told me when I was in the ER that nothing I say makes sense. I feel like there's no one that can help and just so frustrated. I cant eat, drink, take a walk. I have this picc line (iv) bag with me 24 hours a day and if I want to take a shower I am free for a few minutes. I cant enjoy a long hot shower because after I get out I have bad shakes, sweats and my glucose levels dive.  WTF?  Tired of being tired

Thinking of you
Nancy S.
on 2/3/10 11:56 pm - Mesa, AZ
I feel so bad for you, Did I meet you in  tempe st. lukes over the Christmas/new years week? I was there for a second revison and bowel obstroction surgery with Dr. S., admitted 12/24 and discharged Jan 3? I know walked the halls alot with my PICC line and was on a similar type of treatment. I also have a problem with adhesions and scar tissue and slow healing. I am home and still have home nursing but when the PICC line was removed just before a CT scan, I developed a blood clot in my are at the site, thanks to the radiology dept there putting the pressure cuff right over the PICC line site!
I found the nurses quite nice but the sanitation terrible and during my 10 day stay NEVER was I given a bath or clean up! I was not stronge enough to use a shower so they left me as is!
During the 10 days, My lung wa*****tured accidentally, my kidneys started to fail due to wrong meds, and I got a blood clot that will require 6 months to resolve! They also "forgot" to give me my regular meds until 5 days in and i screamed for them. Can you tell I think Tempe St. Lukes is so far from a Center of Excellence that to consider it is a joke.
Dr/ S is probably the most obnoxious doctor i have ever dealt with and very condensending. he may be very good at surgery, in my case, that has yet to be determined in my mind, but his hospital is a house of horrors. I feel for you to still be in limbo like you are, it's been too long and if it were me, i'd see another Dr pronto for a second opinion.

Most Active