Finding Positive!

JRinAZ
on 11/23/09 12:56 am - Layton, UT
Hiya Casa Grande Girlfriend!
Wow!  Congratsv on the 75 pound loss!!!  LOSER'S totally rock!

Gotta love that leg crossing stuff and flying home to see your son will be an "ah ha" moment for sure!  I still am amazed that I can pull the tray down, have room to spare an even cross my legs under the little tray!  And....it is soooo much fun to put the seatbelt on and yank the belt tighter!  LOL!   Have a fun flight and let us know how it went!

As for support groups in your neck?  Probably need to drive North to Tempe?  Tucson has sone groups also.  In the East Valley (Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert)  There is:

Random meetings which are posted on our support site:
[email protected]  Open to everyone

Regularly scheduled mtgs:
Tempe St Luke's, 2nd Saturday @ 1:00 pm..Open to Everyone,  Rm 208 in Med Bldg w of hosp

Regularly scheduled mtgs:
Banner Gateway on Higley and the 60
1st Tues at 6 (Nutrition facilitated)
2nd Weds @ 6 (exercise physiologist)
3rd Weds @ 4:30 (psych facilitated)

I am meeting at Chandler's Mimis Cafe tomorrow evening at 6:30 pm if you'd like to join us.  It's not a support group but rather an idea exchanging supper as we plan the big AZ WLS event for Feb  13th 2010.

Keep in touch!  Let us know how your journey continues.....
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

medwards62
on 11/25/09 10:10 am
Thanks, Joyce!  I look forward to meeting you and many others from the Arizona!

I would love to help, schedule permitting, (I'm a high school teacher) with the AZ WLS event in February. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Melani
JRinAZ
on 11/25/09 11:31 am - Layton, UT
Woooo Hoooo Melani!  We need a high school teacher type to help as a volunteer:)

Can you shoot me an email so I can get you on the "email committee" with all the updates?

[email protected]

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Joyce 

JRinAZ
on 11/23/09 1:15 am - Layton, UT
On November 19, 2009 at 8:13 AM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:
So easy to find the "bummer" in life!  Economy, relationships, illness, overworked, stress and even the downer posts lately on this forum! 

We are Arizonans!  Let's find the sunshine, K?

Not to go too corney with Thanksgiving, but seriously......how bout sharing your thoughts.....

I am thankful for_________________?

Since WLS, I am able to__________________________?

I have lost_______________________!!!!!

One thing I look forward to this Holiday season is______________________?

Come on out and play Arizona!  Let's chase away the "bummers"!!!

P.S.  Don't forget to plan support groups into your Holiday agenda!  (tonight, Saturday and next Tuesday! ...Tues is 6:30 at Mimi's in Chandler)

I am thankful for ?   my handsome hubby, my fun and supportive family, my fabulous job with the best plastic surgeon in the entire world, my great friends and my improved health!  (can I sink to a shallow level and say I'm thankful for my single digit size?  LOL!)

Since WLS, I am able to?  do distances on my own 2 ft, wear a variety of styles from any store, work in the industry with my peeps while I try and pay it forward, & live with confidence and joy rather than paranoia and anger!

I have lost ?
163 pounds and after a little revision tweak in Dec of 07, I have been able to maintain that weight loss....7 years post-op in Feb!!!!

One thing I look forward to this Holiday season?   
is FOOD!  Just kiddin!  ...It's been a slow process, but over these past 7 yrs, I've finally started looking forward to everything BUT the food! ....Reinventing traditions...5K on Thanksgiving morning, hikes with my kids during the Christmas break!  Good times!!!!

Joyce 

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/09 5:17 am - Phx, AZ
I am thankful for BEING ALIVE DESPITE THE COMPLICATIONS FROM MY ERNY

Since WLS, I am able to BREATHE, SLEEP BETTER

I have lost 181 LBS

One thing I DO NOTlook forward to this Holiday season is BEING IN THE HOSPITAL YET AGAIN AND A LENGTHY RECUPERATIVE PROCESS AS I GET MY ERNY REVERSED SO THAT I CAN FINALLY ABSORB ANY VITAMINS AND FOOD, REVERSING EACH OF THE SEVERAL ILLNESSES THAT HAVE RESULTED THEREFROM.  THEN I CAN GET ON WITH MY LIFE AND NOT THINK ABOUT THIS HORRIBLE MISTAKE OF ONE YEAR AGO.  MAYBE ONE DAY I'LL LOOK FORWARD TO ANYTHING AGAIN, BUT NOT THIS YEAR.
JRinAZ
on 11/23/09 2:10 pm - Layton, UT
Lizzie,
You continue to be in my prayers.  It seems you drew the short straw all the way around.  Please let us know how you're doing.  I sincerely hope the additional surgery gets you back on the road to good health.

Big Hugggzzzzz 

Joyce 

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/09 1:56 am - Phx, AZ
My surgery was re-scheduled to next week, due to my waking up today with bronchitis.  I am so tired.  Ug.  On the other hand, I can EAT today, rather than fast for tomorrow.  Garlic City, here I come.
JRinAZ
on 11/24/09 5:03 am - Layton, UT
On November 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM Pacific Time, Lizzie wrote:
My surgery was re-scheduled to next week, due to my waking up today with bronchitis.  I am so tired.  Ug.  On the other hand, I can EAT today, rather than fast for tomorrow.  Garlic City, here I come.
So, lengthening the common channel or completely reversing entire Rny?  Mayo surgeon?  Have you had iron infusions to prep you for surgery?

Joyce 

Most Active