HELP! need Ideas for Puree Diet

dmwilson
on 10/19/09 8:49 am - tucson, AZ
Looking for some Ideas for my Puree Diet will be finishing clear liquids in a couple of days and not sure where to start with the puree foods.

Thanks Diane
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 10/19/09 11:50 pm - Tucson, AZ
Basically whatever you can mash with a fork......refried beans, scrambled eggs, tuna salad, puddings, yogurt,  etc.   Just make sure the food is very moist.  I'm sure there will be other ideas suggested here, but this is what I thought of off the top of my head.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

dmwilson
on 10/20/09 1:22 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks Becky that sure helps
Diane
JRinAZ
on 10/20/09 7:39 am - Layton, UT
On October 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM Pacific Time, dmwilson wrote:
Looking for some Ideas for my Puree Diet will be finishing clear liquids in a couple of days and not sure where to start with the puree foods.

Thanks Diane
Congrats on your revision Diane!

My pureed faves:
Taco Bell refried beans watered down (or any good refried beans)
chicken tortilla soup whirled through the blender (add cheese for more protein and/or 1 scoop of flavorless protein to boost)
mashed potatoes with 1 scoop of flavorless protein (thinned with chicken boillion & water)
cottage cheese stirred with small pkg of s/f jello in any flavor...add small tub of Cool Whip light to make the BEST soft food dessert type food....high protein
cottage cheese with baked sweet potato...add cinnamon & s/f brown sugar
moist scrambled eggs with bits of lowfat cream cheese melted in to moisten (or cheese)
chicken salad, salmon salad, tuna salad.....
check out www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com  She has lots of sample meal ideas.....

Good luck!  You'll be enjoying an itty bitty juicy steak before you know it!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

dmwilson
on 10/20/09 8:14 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks so  much Joyce all sounds great.
Diane
KimBLIS
on 10/20/09 9:13 am
Hey Diane -
Chef Dave put together a few small cookbooks for exactly the time you are referring to.  one is called "Soft Foods" and one is called "Smooth Foods."  They give you some good recipes to help get you through the puree diet without feeling like you are missing out!  Here's a link if you are interested:
http://www.imetabolic.com/store/weight-loss-books-c-9.html
Good luck - you will do great!
Best Regards,
Kim

Kim Brown, [email protected] - Improving Access to Weight Loss Surgery

hope.cuesta
on 10/22/09 9:09 am - Miami Beach, FL
Being hispanic my mama taught me you thrown everything except the kitchen sink into the slow cooker, spice it to taste, let it simmer until its falling apart, throw it in the blender with as much of the liquid goodness as possible and turning it into a puree.  You can do pot roast, soups, beans vegetables even fruits.  Hope this helps.
Hope                        
dmwilson
on 10/23/09 4:21 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks I will try this.
Diane
Most Active