Dr. Blackstone

valarie30
on 10/15/09 3:48 am - phoenix, AZ
 I would like to know what anyone has to say about her good or bad???   I am looking into surgery with her.... I hear nothing but Good things about her and I really think she is the best out there...   I have not heard 1 bad thing about her....   
bubblesaz
on 10/15/09 6:40 am - Phoenix, AZ
I just met with Dr. Blackstone for the second time yesterday and was just as impressed with her as the first time.  She is serious about what she does and doesn't pull any punches when it comes to what we as patients need to do in order to be successful.

My surgery is coming up in three weeks and I feel completely comfortable with what is about to happen. 

Send me a note and let me know what you decide.

Jennifer
valarie30
on 10/15/09 6:43 am - phoenix, AZ
I know!!!!     I love her......   I have some very good friends who are drs and say she is the best at what she does....... I have NEVER heard 1 bad thing about her.........   I trust her with my life and that is really what it comes down to....   God is in control and she is the best.....   so i am happy with her....  how long out are they booking the surgerys???
ginau
on 10/15/09 2:01 pm - mesa, AZ
Val

My original surgery was done by Dr B.   the only thing I will tell you is that other than surgery - you wont see much of her.  maybe once in the hospital. once you have surgery you will be turned over to her stuff for follow up - Unless you have a major  issue or complication.  They save her skills  for surgery!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

beckipoohbear
on 10/15/09 11:24 am - AZ
 She was the reason I chose Scottsdale Bariatric for my surgery.  Her passion for what she does is amazing!  I actually ended up having her new partner, Dr. Sprunger do my surgery but the philosophy and belief in the surgery carries through the whole practice and I think you can't go wrong using them.  Of course, most people feel that way about their surgeon, so take it with a grain of salt.

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/09 1:31 am
dee492
on 10/16/09 1:34 am - Chandler, AZ
I loved her too, my surgery date is 12-16-09, and the staff did tell me due to my other health issues, she would want to follow me for the 3 day hospital stay...I wanted to do mine on that Friday, but she would not be able to round on me on the weekend and that she would want to..soooo that made me have even more faith in her, and her staff alike. GOOD LUCK!
Nerd Lover
on 10/16/09 4:23 am
I think she is absolutely wonderful.  She has been such a great help through all of this for me.  I've seen her a total of 4 times because I'm having revision.  She's a straight shooter and will tell you how it is, but with a smile on her face and with 100% confidence in not only what she tells you, but also your ability to follow it! 

Her staff is incredible and they return my phone calls and neurotic emails quickly.  I also have concerned family members that the staff has been ohhhh so patient with.  I think she is the best there is, and I've studied this for a little over a year.  Best of luck!
        ~*ChRiStY*~

high/current/goal
272/143/140

I  NERDS!!!
JRinAZ
on 10/16/09 6:45 am - Layton, UT
On October 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM Pacific Time, valarie30 wrote:
 I would like to know what anyone has to say about her good or bad???   I am looking into surgery with her.... I hear nothing but Good things about her and I really think she is the best out there...   I have not heard 1 bad thing about her....   
Dr. Blackstone was not my surgeon but it has been my pleasure to meet her and work with some of her staff.  I am very impressed!  I think her pre-op and post-op programs are one of the best in AZ; if not THE best.  I LOVE some of her staff members who I suspect you will rub shoulders with at some point!

As for bad "stuff".....if one digs deep enough there are always some grumblies in the woodwork....just take it all with a grain of salt.  You've done your research, made your pick and feel good about it sooooooo.......  on with the show!!!!

start your countdown!  Let us know how we can support you! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Glamazon
on 10/26/09 12:45 am - Mesa, AZ
I love her!!!  She was my surgeon three years ago.  I have since come to know her very well and you could not ask for a more personal,caring and professional surgeon.  She is amazing!!!!!

Love is all there is, ever was or ever will be...  

Most Active