Surgiversary

Christina82581
on 10/6/09 12:08 pm - Laveen, AZ
Hello Everyone, 
      I wanted to share a wow moment of my own. Today is my 1 year surgiversary. I just can't believe that 1 year ago I weighed 315 pounds. I couldn't hardly walk, it was hard to breathe and it was impossible to buy clothes. I am happy to say that thanks to my wonderful surgeon, Dr. Schlesinger, I am a whole new and better person. I started out at 315 with a BMI of 50.8, pushing a size 28. Today I weighed and I am now 178 with a BMI of 28.7 and proudly wearing a size 14. I am healthier and happier than I haqve ever been in my entire life.
       I saw Dr. Schlesinger today and I told him again how wonderful I think he is and thanked him yet again for all he has done, not only for me, but for my husband as well. I truly owe my life to this man and I will praise him from  now on.
      This has been one hell of a ride, and this is a ride that I plan to continue for a really long time. I love me and everyone who has chosen to take this AWESOME journey. YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

137 Pounds and Counting.
We Are All In This Together!!!
Love and Blessings, Christina

ginau
on 10/6/09 12:21 pm - mesa, AZ

Congrats !!!!

Be careful and dont sing his praise too loud.  or you will be accused of being me ...  LOL

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Christina82581
on 10/6/09 12:41 pm - Laveen, AZ
Nah!!! You are so funny. I don't give a hoot. I have a lot to be thankful to that man for. I will sing his praises from now on. Some people are just jealous that they don't have the great Dr. and support that we do.
     I think the problem is that, some people want their hands held and don't like when someone is honest and open with them and tells them what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.

137 Pounds and Counting.
We Are All In This Together!!!
Love and Blessings, Christina

JRinAZ
on 10/6/09 2:22 pm - Layton, UT
Christina!  WOW!!!!

Weigh 2 go!
  You Are The Woman

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ellenlanc
on 10/7/09 4:45 am - Sun City, AZ
Joyce,  I am sorry however your recommendation to see Dr Schlesinger was a mistake for me.  I am so disappointed.  He  recently did an Enodscope exam on me and could not bother to talk to me afterwards to answer my question or to tell me  what he found , he hastly  walked out the door simlpy said  nothing major.  A week later had to go back to my GI and I am being treated for  H-Pylori 

Dr  Schlesinger, did not recommend any kind of corrective surgery or any other helpful advice for me. He ran all kinds of test and never went over the test with me at our schduled appointment nore did he bother to get my blood test results and go over them with me as they were not in my file the office girls said the blood results were in the system.   We did talked a little of Dr Zhan surgery to conserative however he let me know that he did not like to clean up another Dr's mess.   I was billed $250.00 consultation fee however he did not  never consultated be on anything.   I am very disappoint in his treatment. will be reporting my displeasure  of his teartment and methods to my insurance carrier.

Ms.Lancaster

JRinAZ
on 10/7/09 6:36 am - Layton, UT
Oh Ellen!  I am so sorry for the things you've had to go through without even getting a surgery plan together yet!

I truly recommend people who I have had a positive experience with and who others recommended to me.  I know that I have gone to medical professionals that others absolutely adorred; wondering all the time what they had seen in that person.  So I guess we can only say that "other's results may vary"?  I have met with Dr. Schlesinger when he has been preoccupied (other high risks pts besides myself) and then I have met with him when I thought that I was the only one in his entire life that mattered!  LOL!  I guess he's human and has some distractions to contend with as we all do.

When we're after the BEST at a particular "thing" then sometimes we have to wade through personality differences and even poor office help to actually get the expertise given to us in the real place that matters:  the Operating Room.

I hope you can find someone who can answer all your questions and helps you get the surgery that is right for you.

Let us know how we can support you best sweetie pie! 

I'll be at Dr. Schlesinger's support group this coming Saturday the  10th (1 pm at Tempe St Lukes) and his HM (distal Rny, Extended Rny and Duodenal Switch pts) support at 6 pm on Thursday the 15th.  There are a lot of people who have walked in your shoes or who are in the same boat that might give you the support and/or answers you need personally.

Take care!  I hope to see you soon:)

Joyce 

ellenlanc
on 10/7/09 12:41 pm - Sun City, AZ
I am sorry Joyce I though I was just sending my message to just you.  I really did not mean to put this  out for the world to see or judge.   For me the relationship between doctor and patient did not work.   I did get more help from attending your group sessions  and hope to continue coming how ever I have a friend on home hospice under my care.  He has no family and needs me at this time , It is hard for me take extra time away from home after I get off work but I will get back to your meetings as soon as I can.  I do belive they are the key to sucess. I am trying to stick to the 120  grams of protein  and 1000 calories a day.. So far  in the last three months I have lost 14 pounds  I do thank your group for that.  

M Lancaster 
JRinAZ
on 10/7/09 2:39 pm - Layton, UT

Sweet Ellen!
Give your friend oodles of TLC.  Life is way too short!

Join us when you can, K?!!!  Congrats on the 14 pounds and the high protein grams!  That's great!

Take care,

Joyce 

Most Active