Finally scheduled for my psych evaluation

tochatty
on 10/6/09 11:48 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Oh boy this has been a long journey -

First let me start off by saying I had Open RNY in July 2000, and now for the past year or so I have been looking into Revision surgery with Dr S. And for months we have been so busy at work that I had to keep cancelling my psych evaluation.  I was at the point that I really did not think I was ever going to be able to have the revision done and that I would have to find another way to lose this extra 80-90 lbs I have gained since surgery almost ten years ago.

But I am happy to say I am on the books for an appointment on October 19th and I am not cancelling for anyone.  Not work anymore, I have to put myself first and I cannot keep cancelling just because I meeting gets scheduled or we are too busy.  Its like trying to say its not the right time to plan a family.  WHEN IS IT EVER THE RIGHT TIME?  There will always be something. 

So I am very excited.  Hopefully I can get this done and go back and see Dr S shortly afterwards so I can see what my next steps are.  Of course I know that means fighting the insurance again I'm sure, just hoping it will not take me into the new year.  The weight I have gained is seriously starting to take a tole on me, I was recently diagnosised with high blood pressure and put on medication (I'm only 36) second, my back is starting to hurt again which is pain I have not felt in  years since I lost the weight. 

I hope to more actively post to the boards as I learn more information.  My next goal is to finally make it to one of Dr S's support groups, I keep missing them. 

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

JRinAZ
on 10/6/09 2:17 pm - Layton, UT
On October 6, 2009 at 6:48 PM Pacific Time, tochatty wrote:
Oh boy this has been a long journey -

First let me start off by saying I had Open RNY in July 2000, and now for the past year or so I have been looking into Revision surgery with Dr S. And for months we have been so busy at work that I had to keep cancelling my psych evaluation.  I was at the point that I really did not think I was ever going to be able to have the revision done and that I would have to find another way to lose this extra 80-90 lbs I have gained since surgery almost ten years ago.

But I am happy to say I am on the books for an appointment on October 19th and I am not cancelling for anyone.  Not work anymore, I have to put myself first and I cannot keep cancelling just because I meeting gets scheduled or we are too busy.  Its like trying to say its not the right time to plan a family.  WHEN IS IT EVER THE RIGHT TIME?  There will always be something. 

So I am very excited.  Hopefully I can get this done and go back and see Dr S shortly afterwards so I can see what my next steps are.  Of course I know that means fighting the insurance again I'm sure, just hoping it will not take me into the new year.  The weight I have gained is seriously starting to take a tole on me, I was recently diagnosised with high blood pressure and put on medication (I'm only 36) second, my back is starting to hurt again which is pain I have not felt in  years since I lost the weight. 

I hope to more actively post to the boards as I learn more information.  My next goal is to finally make it to one of Dr S's support groups, I keep missing them. 

Crazy 1     Good Luck!!!!  Psych evals are soooooo much fun!!!!

Keep us posted ....... you'll have your surgery date before you know it!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

tochatty
on 10/16/09 6:01 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Well I hope I do not have to cancel for my appointment Monday.  I called my insurance last Friday to get a precert number for my upcoming apponitment they said the billing office had to call them too in order to get approval.  So I called the dr's billing office last Friday left a message.  Nothing, called back Tuesday left another message, nothing.  Called them on Wedneday talked to this gal and told her that my insurance needed her to call and I had the CPT codes that the dr was going to use for the services and everything.  I even gave her my precert # I had.  I just now called and she has not yet called my insurance to get the authorizaiton for Monday.  EEK!

Open RNY 07/2000
Seeking Revision GBS

JRinAZ
on 10/16/09 6:50 am - Layton, UT
On October 16, 2009 at 1:01 PM Pacific Time, tochatty wrote:
Well I hope I do not have to cancel for my appointment Monday.  I called my insurance last Friday to get a precert number for my upcoming apponitment they said the billing office had to call them too in order to get approval.  So I called the dr's billing office last Friday left a message.  Nothing, called back Tuesday left another message, nothing.  Called them on Wedneday talked to this gal and told her that my insurance needed her to call and I had the CPT codes that the dr was going to use for the services and everything.  I even gave her my precert # I had.  I just now called and she has not yet called my insurance to get the authorizaiton for Monday.  EEK!
Jennifer,
It was so nice to meet you last night at support group!  I'm sooooo excited for you and your upcoming revision!  You will LOVE your ERny!!!!

Offices with all programs get things twisted sometimes; especially if someone important to their smooth flow is out of the office for one reason or the other.  The thing is that you know your "stuff" probably better than most working within the system so you probably expect the same level of excellence that you would give!!!  (and you should get it!) .....  Ask for someone up the food chain!  LOL!  .....  Remember the "sweet" but '"squeeky" wheel gets the oil!!!

Dr. Schlesinger rocks!  He's worth any possible hassle!

Call me if I can help you in any way!!!!

Hugggzzz your way,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

tochatty
on 10/19/09 2:09 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Oh boy oh boy!  I did it, I had it, I didnt cancel WHOOOOHOOOO.  I feel that much clsoer to possibly having revision surgery and it is just such a great feeling. 

My Dr tonight is going to send all the notes over to Dr S this week and so I thik I will call Jenn and find out what I should do next.  Perhaps make another appointment to come in or I wonder if they will try to submit from here and see what happens. 

Open RNY 07/2000
Seeking Revision GBS

Most Active