Wound Infections?

Nancy S.
on 9/29/09 10:01 am - Mesa, AZ
I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced wound infections, either from the drainage tube area or from your main incision. I am wondering just how common this is and how your particular Doctor treated the condition? How long it took to heal? thanks! Nancy

1lessJulie
on 9/30/09 12:50 pm
Hi Nancy,

I had one area of my incision that was over an old scar and the upper sutures didn't hold.  Thankfully the internal ones did.  But, it's been about 5 weeks and it still isn't completely healed up. I still have to continue to clean it w/diluted hydrogen peroxide and change the dressing twice a day.

Julie
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/09 10:38 pm - AZ
On September 29, 2009 at 5:01 PM Pacific Time, Nancy S. wrote:
I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced wound infections, either from the drainage tube area or from your main incision. I am wondering just how common this is and how your particular Doctor treated the condition? How long it took to heal? thanks! Nancy

I read your post on another forum where you are a bit frustrated with the way this is being treated by your surgeon.  Please do not let happen to you - as what happened to this member:

www.obesityhelp.com/member/tjwood/

His infection was ignored as well and he almost died.  He just had *another* surgery to deal with this infection a month or two ago and this has been going on since last fall.

Don't let your surgeon ignore this, I would suggest contacting this member.  He's a sweetheart, his name is Tom.

vixen_luv
on 10/1/09 12:28 am - phoenix, AZ
I had a surgery previous to my gastric (to remove a dermoid cysyt off my ovary) and afterward I had a hematoma (I think that's what they called it) on the inscision line.  The doc's office cleaned it and had me clean it and pack it (it was pretty deep) and I ended up having to go to Thunderbird hospitals Wound Care Clinic.  I went once maybe twice a week where they took care of it for me until it healed.  These aren't things to mess around with.

Robin
Nancy S.
on 10/1/09 2:16 am - Mesa, AZ
Thank you all for your responses. I will be seeing my PCP for any further wound care I need, as

QUOTE.. Dr. Schlesinger told me.." if you think you have an infection, YOU NEED A PSYCHIATRIST" ..UNQUOTE.

This was on Tuesday. When I returned home from his appt, the phone rang and it was my PCP who had the results of the culture he had taken the thursday before...guess what.

BACTERIAL WOUND INFECTION... NOW WHO NEEDS A PSYCHIATRIST????

I wanted this surgery (ERNY) so badly that I failed to realize that the choice of 1 surgeon in AZ that does it is no choice. I could have gone out of state and with all I now know about this surgeon's previous history, i wish i had. my bad... please learn from my mistake. research research reseach.

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/09 2:46 am - AZ
On October 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM Pacific Time, Nancy S. wrote:
Thank you all for your responses. I will be seeing my PCP for any further wound care I need, as

QUOTE.. Dr. Schlesinger told me.." if you think you have an infection, YOU NEED A PSYCHIATRIST" ..UNQUOTE.

This was on Tuesday. When I returned home from his appt, the phone rang and it was my PCP who had the results of the culture he had taken the thursday before...guess what.

BACTERIAL WOUND INFECTION... NOW WHO NEEDS A PSYCHIATRIST????

I wanted this surgery (ERNY) so badly that I failed to realize that the choice of 1 surgeon in AZ that does it is no choice. I could have gone out of state and with all I now know about this surgeon's previous history, i wish i had. my bad... please learn from my mistake. research research reseach.

Nancy...  it is NOT you!  It is Schlesinger!  What he said to you is nothing short of abusive not to mention yet another inaccurate diagnosis.  He has ignored and misdiagnosed infections previously to the point that he almost killed Tom.  I sent you the link to the endless list of lawsuits against Schlesinger.

I sincerely hope you report this man to the AZ Medical Board.  If you and Tom both file complaints the board should listen and act on this.  You are not the first!

What did the culture show?  Do you know the type of bacteria you have growing?  Can you find out?

www.azmed.gov

Also, may I suggest changing you patient testimonial to include updates?

(((HUGS)))

ginau
on 10/1/09 3:53 am - mesa, AZ
Nancy

Things will get better soon and you will feel better too. give the antibiotic time to work.

Dr's  are allowed to be wrong once in a while. they are not Gods. You might want your PCP to send over any lab results directly to the Dr Schlesingers  office.    

I also would not use this forum  to  moan & groan too much.  You have no idea who some of theese people are and if anything you say/ write will come back to bite you in the Ass.   

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/09 10:38 am - AZ
On October 1, 2009 at 10:53 AM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:
Nancy

Things will get better soon and you will feel better too. give the antibiotic time to work.

Dr's  are allowed to be wrong once in a while. they are not Gods. You might want your PCP to send over any lab results directly to the Dr Schlesingers  office.    

I also would not use this forum  to  moan & groan too much.  You have no idea who some of theese people are and if anything you say/ write will come back to bite you in the Ass.   

Your God of a doctor has been wrong farrrr too many times.  He wins contests in high dollar medical malpractice suits and not because he is a victim but because he creates victims.

Your doctor/employer is a butcher and there is no way around that.

You are  brain damaged by your own admission... no wonder your doctor considers you to be an "office advocate".  Who else could they get?

For you to suggest that the true victim here not "moan and groan" too much is without excuse.  Go back under your rock where you belong!  You continue to threaten the OP and you will come up against me, trust me .... you do NOT want to go there.

Leave her alone!

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/09 10:51 am - AZ
On October 1, 2009 at 10:53 AM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:
Nancy

BTW....

Your other IDs need to leave her alone as well.

Are we clear??

ginau
on 10/1/09 12:10 pm - mesa, AZ
My other ID's ???? 

Oh Pleeze give me a clue what they are ???

"are we Clear ???"  Just  who in the Hell do you think you are?

Or should I just  play your game and report you for harassing me?  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active