EGD scheduled for tomorrow

Eugenius
on 8/20/09 1:07 pm, edited 8/20/09 2:11 pm
I am a little nervous about the EGD. Other than it is an outpatient procedure, no driving for several hours, and that its looking down my throat and into my stomach I don't know what to expect? Any ideas?
Jeannie O.
on 8/20/09 1:10 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with
I was so nervous when i had mine and for no reason it was a piece of cake! You get an IV you are wheeled in that give you a ****tail that makes you go to sleep next thing you know your in another room awake.  I didn't have a sore throat or anything.  Relax :)
With Positive Thoughts, JeannieO.                                   
Eugenius
on 8/20/09 3:27 pm
Is there 2 ways of doing the EGD? Some have told me I won't remember anything and others have said that I will just be numb and not feel anything but I will be alert.
Jeannie O.
on 8/20/09 3:34 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with
I'm not sure if there is another way of doing it however it looks as if we are in the same program your surgeon is my surgeons partner so i don't see why they wouldn't do it all the same way???
Eugenius
on 8/20/09 5:00 pm
I will find out soon.
Eugenius
on 8/20/09 11:03 pm
Well, I am off for EGD. Have to take the bus since I can't drive afterwards. I will post experience in about 12 hrs.
Eugenius
on 8/21/09 4:10 am
Back from EGD and full of happy juice. Now its just waiting for the results and then submission time.
Jeannie O.
on 8/21/09 4:03 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with
Congrats u made it.  How was it? Did they put you to sleep or were you awake?
Eugenius
on 8/22/09 7:29 am
Dr. DeBarros put me out.... One moment I was looking at him and the monitor next moment the nurse was trying wake me up.
Most Active