Magic struck again!

JRinAZ
on 8/12/09 7:49 am - Layton, UT
Our  friend with the incredible weight loss:  David Smith (aka 650 lb Virgin from the recent TLC special).....received more plastic surgery from the amazing Dr. Mazaheri!!! (my boss:) )

If you're one of David's friends on Facebook then you can tune into his hourly updates.  He's home now and doing well with pain management.  The after stitching is straight and perfect (as always)!!!  David rocks!  Dr. Mazaheri rocks!!!!

You can check out Dr. Mazaheri in action with David at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ke0y6-SrqY&feature=related

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/12/09 10:36 am - Sedona, AZ
that was amazing- I need to save your boss' name for later!! He must be fearless!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

JRinAZ
on 8/13/09 1:40 pm - Layton, UT
On August 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM Pacific Time, zuzupetals2u2 wrote:
that was amazing- I need to save your boss' name for later!! He must be fearless!
Hey Zuzu!
I just now saw your post!  I guess I looked right over the "short but sweet" ones:)

I think the video clip is pretty amazing too.....rather gruesome though, right?  LOL!  It is very encouraging though to see that big bucket of skin & fat and know that that could be our junk they're ready to throw away!

You'll be looking for a p.s. before you know it!

BTW...you are welcome to join our Revision/ Highly Malabsorptive support group next Thursday the 20th! 

Take Care!
Joyce 

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/13/09 5:13 pm - Sedona, AZ
thank you sweetie- I may join you someday- havent done the DS yet or even had the consult & dont get to Phoenix much but maybe later I will!! Thanks again!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Nancy S.
on 8/13/09 12:16 am - Mesa, AZ
Joyce, generally speaking, what does a tummy tuck cost these days? I plan on starting to save for it IMMEDIATELY!  xo Nancy

JRinAZ
on 8/13/09 2:55 am - Layton, UT
On August 13, 2009 at 7:16 AM Pacific Time, Nancy S. wrote:
Joyce, generally speaking, what does a tummy tuck cost these days? I plan on starting to save for it IMMEDIATELY!  xo Nancy
Hiya girlfriend!

What a GREAT plan!  Of course I feel like the Bariatric surgeon's should be openly sharing the facts regarding loose skin at their education seminars!  People often have visions of just "shrinking" as they lose their massive amounts of weight when in fact, the damaged skin has very little elasticity left and stays "floppy" like a deflated balloon!  We "trade up" from obesity to loose skin and then if we've SAVED or get some medical financing, we can trade up for some "tight and shapely" and some slight scars!

The range for a TT varies big time because of the individual tweaking we all need for our own "pesonal best" results!  The range is from 8 K up to around 20K (+ or -).  There's a panniculectamy which is just skin removal over the abdoman (no muscle work), regular tuck, extended tuck and body lift.  Honestly, the body lift is usually the surgery of choice for all of us who have had a huge success with our weight loss.    But, it depends on our shapes too, right?  Apples do great with body lifts....pears?  sometimes just a reg tummy tuck but possibly a thighplasty.  Some folks are happy hiding their arms in long sleeved shirts and some people could care less about their squishy tummy and MUST have their "wings" removed!  LOL!  Faces, for most are usually the 2nd or 3rd procedure amazingly.....But, with Botox and "fillers", people can get away with postponing the facelift for years for minimal investment!  (Botox party is on our Horizon!  Fun!!  Reduced prices, Mix n Mingle!)

Give me a shout when you've plateaued for at least 3 months post-op and I'll make sure the office rolls out the red carpet for you for a consult

So, are you on deck for your revision?  Let me know if you need some "angeling"

Joyce 

Nancy S.
on 8/13/09 3:05 am - Mesa, AZ
I'll need some angeling for sure! I am in "holding mode" with Cigna saying the approval is "pending" during review. I hope to know very soon though..see you tonight at the HM group! xo Nancy

JRinAZ
on 8/13/09 4:12 am - Layton, UT
On August 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM Pacific Time, Nancy S. wrote:
I'll need some angeling for sure! I am in "holding mode" with Cigna saying the approval is "pending" during review. I hope to know very soon though..see you tonight at the HM group! xo Nancy
No No No!  NOT tonight!!  My bad!  Saturday I told all I'd see them tonight.  BUT...it's truly the THIRD Thursday of every month which is August 20th!

The next support group I'll be at is next Weds, the 19th at Banner Gateway (your neck of the woods) at 4:30.  Dr. Goodhall faciliates (psych) and is the BEST!!! 

Our Highly Malabsorptive (aka HM group) is the next night on the 21st.

O.K.....so we'll cross fingers, toes and all other body parts that Cigna approves soon and you can get your plans together for a FUN & healthy future!!!

Hugggzzz!

Joyce 

Most Active