Crud, Crud, and Crud!

Chris S.
on 8/10/09 8:04 am - Tempe, AZ
Recently I posted about loosing 100 pounds.  Since that day of posting I have not lost ANYTHING!  I am in a stall that is over two weeks old now and I am super frustrated and what do I do when I get frustrated......rice, stuffing, and potatoes have never tasted so good!

I just want to SCREAM!
AlwaysSinging
on 8/10/09 2:05 pm - New Britain, CT
RNY on 09/15/08 with
Don't do it! I was stalled for awhile! Read my blog. The most important thing is to pretend it's not a huge issue. Our bodies need time to adjust to the loss. What if today was the first day of your new way of life? Would you feel so stuck and disappointed? We all had to start somewhere. I think we all had to lose a little before the surgery...some more than others. START AGAIN. Review your behaviors. Measure your food. Take those vitamins. Drink that liquid. Get that protein in! Each time I've slowed down, I didn't ignore it...I just rechecked my plan. Beating yourself up will lead you back to food for comfort. Remember - you have us now for support! It's just a stall...you'll be ok! Put down that potato! Start walking or typing!!!  Move!!!

Ramona
ginau
on 8/12/09 9:25 am - mesa, AZ
Hey Miss Chris ...

A lot of people have problems loosing this time of year ... it's the Heat. we are  dehydrated and holding water in the wrong area's - So I have been told!

A couple suggestions that I heard over the week-end

1. cut out all caffeine  drinks - coffee , tea's, etc...
2. watch the salt 
3. Push clear water beverages
4. sea salt is better than table salt. 
5. Push protein !!

I am in same boat and trying  hard to bale the water out and loose a few pounds .. My issue is all the awesome fruit this time of year .. But fruit = carbs = weight gain 

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Chris S.
on 8/12/09 11:18 am - Tempe, AZ
Thank you Gina....

Now that I see your list I realize I have started drinking LOTS of iced tea again.  I had quit all caffine before surgery and up till about 3 weeks ago started drinking lots of it.  About the time I started this stall.

I will finish this glass of tea and then NO MORE for me.

I will apply the rest of your ideas as well

Thank you
Ann M.
on 8/13/09 1:38 am - Peoria, AZ
Don't forget your protein & supplments.  They're very important as well as all the water you can drink during a stall.  UP THAT PROTEIN.  Yes, you need to do more and if I know you, you're slacking again just like me.  Let's make a pact to get at least 100 grams of protein in a day, OK?  Let's break that stall fast.  Also, don't forget to keep measuring.  You've lost so much weight you might just be catching up.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active