HELP!

dmwilson
on 8/9/09 2:23 am - tucson, AZ
Hi Family,
I have some questions and concerns, I had my original RNY in 11/05 with a surgeon in tucson . lost a total of 130 pds. Dr. Juarez has been my on going surgeon for a revision and my EDG that was preformed, showed (His words) that I have an overly streched stoma and stomach and my stomach is producing to much acid. I also  have gained 40 pds.  have cronic vomitting, no restriction in my pouch, back on blood pressure meds. and very animec. So due to my results he has suggested to reduce my stoma and pouch once again this will be a lapriscopic procedure, he said the weight will begin to come off again but not as fast as the first time, and with the weight loss everything should start to go back to normal. Does this procedure sound familar to anyone? Has anyone had this done and has had a successful outcome? Please give me some insight.

Thanks Diane
JRinAZ
on 8/9/09 7:03 am - Layton, UT
On August 9, 2009 at 9:23 AM Pacific Time, dmwilson wrote:
Hi Family,
I have some questions and concerns, I had my original RNY in 11/05 with a surgeon in tucson . lost a total of 130 pds. Dr. Juarez has been my on going surgeon for a revision and my EDG that was preformed, showed (His words) that I have an overly streched stoma and stomach and my stomach is producing to much acid. I also  have gained 40 pds.  have cronic vomitting, no restriction in my pouch, back on blood pressure meds. and very animec. So due to my results he has suggested to reduce my stoma and pouch once again this will be a lapriscopic procedure, he said the weight will begin to come off again but not as fast as the first time, and with the weight loss everything should start to go back to normal. Does this procedure sound familar to anyone? Has anyone had this done and has had a successful outcome? Please give me some insight.

Thanks Diane
RUN!!!!  PM me if you want details!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

maduarte
on 8/9/09 3:49 pm, edited 8/9/09 4:01 pm - Litchfield Park, AZ
I would get a second or third opinion from other surgeons.  If you want more details you can e-mail me.
Michelle
dmwilson
on 8/9/09 11:11 pm - tucson, AZ
Thanks everyone for your feed back and concerns I will continue to research my options.

Thanks again
Diane
Most Active