band to vsg revision in az?

marcie K.
on 8/7/09 1:49 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
I'm begining to admit to myself that I'm likely going to end up doing this.  Has anyone had this done in az; which doctor did you use and what was your experience like?
Danielle F.
on 8/8/09 2:47 am - phoenix, AZ
Me too!!! I had the band in march of last year and I am down only 20 lbs. I to am cosidering getting revision but can't find a surgeon to do it. Let me know who you find that does it..
winningatlosing
on 8/10/09 4:27 am
I had a revision to VSG from lapband a few months ago.  I saw a few docs but none that could take the band out and do the VSG at the same time.  I finally found Dr Schlesinger, I was even able to get my insurance to cover it.  My after care has been great and have had zero problems with my sleeve!  I Love it!

I must say that I did pretty well with the lapband and had erosion (that I now know is a larger risk than I was told).

There are a few others that have been band to VSG revision, hopefully they will post too.

Feel free to PM me with any questions,

Kim
kreyvin38
on 8/21/09 1:04 pm - AZ
what were your symptoms of an erosion?

valarie30
on 8/10/09 6:42 am - phoenix, AZ
 dr. blackstone
thinnermee
on 8/10/09 3:08 pm
why did your band not work?  just curious. just got one.
starting weight/current/goal: 278/257/130
surgery date: Aug 3rd,2009    2fillls for total of 6cc
preop diet started: July 20,2009

marcie K.
on 8/10/09 3:33 pm - Sahuarita, AZ

My band works great and I love it.  I'm down sixty pounds since 3/24/09!  However my body does not seem to like the band I appear to be one of the few people who simply can not tolerate the band  :(  I've seen three surgeons a gastroenterologist and a couple of other doctors and no one can figure out why I'm having the problems I'm having so we are left with determining it must be the band.  I have chest pains and trouble eating sometimes.  I have pressure on my chest and a sore throat pretty much constantly and have been through tons of tests all normal.

Treat your band right and you will love it :D  The chances of having problems are pretty low I just seem to be unlucky in this case.

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/09 6:44 am - AZ
On August 10, 2009 at 10:33 PM Pacific Time, mars817 wrote:

My band works great and I love it.  I'm down sixty pounds since 3/24/09!  However my body does not seem to like the band I appear to be one of the few people who simply can not tolerate the band  :(  I've seen three surgeons a gastroenterologist and a couple of other doctors and no one can figure out why I'm having the problems I'm having so we are left with determining it must be the band.  I have chest pains and trouble eating sometimes.  I have pressure on my chest and a sore throat pretty much constantly and have been through tons of tests all normal.

Treat your band right and you will love it :D  The chances of having problems are pretty low I just seem to be unlucky in this case.

Sadly, the chances for problems with the band are not low at all. :o(

www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/ASMBS/14954

This is pretty typical of most studies coming out recently.

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/09 6:42 am - AZ
On August 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM Pacific Time, mars817 wrote:
I'm begining to admit to myself that I'm likely going to end up doing this.  Has anyone had this done in az; which doctor did you use and what was your experience like?

Band intolerance is a horror.  I hated my band.  I knew I made a mistake 4 days post op.  Finally after 18 months I revised to a sleeve.  BEST thing I ever did.

I didn't have mine in AZ, I needed a really good revision surgeon so I went back to my band surgeon for the revision.

Most Active