HEALTH CHOICE (ACCCHS)

dipz
on 8/5/09 4:25 pm

Hi Arizona,

I'm new to this site and needed some advice. I used to have anthem BCBS and didn't need in loop holes to jump thru just a dietician to sign stating I needed the surgery. Well I lost my job a month ago and now on ACCCHS. I have Health choice and wanted to know if anyone knew what the criteria was for this plan?

Vicki S.
on 8/6/09 4:20 am - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
Hi,
I am on ACCCHS insurance too because of losing my job. These are the requirements for having the surgery.
1. 6 or more consecutive months of a physician supervised weight loss plan. Which must include a monthly visit to document your weight, program compliance, education, etc.
2. 6 visits with a Dietician.
3. 6 visits with a physical therapist.
4. A psychological consultation-(one time visit only)
I have completed everything except for the
psych consult, I am having problems finding one that will take the insurance.
vixen_luv
on 8/6/09 4:48 pm - phoenix, AZ
I am just wondering why a physical therpist?  What does that have to do with anything?  Any ideas?

Robin
Vicki S.
on 8/6/09 6:04 pm - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
They want you to have 6 visits with an physical therapist to analyze your current physical activities. And any obesity related conditions that may affect your ability to perform certain activities. Ya I agree its dumb but they ( ACCCHS) requires it. I pretty much went to therapy once a week for 6 weeks and rode a bike, lifted weights and so forth.
Most Active