Trying to decide between Dr. Burpee or Dr. Blackstone

Maggster
on 7/25/09 12:54 pm
Any input on your experience with these 2 doctors would be a great help! Thanks! 
LynanneInAZ
on 7/25/09 2:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
I had gastric bypass with Dr. Burpee on 6/30/09. He's an excellent doctor and easy to talk to. The program at Northwest Medical Center is amazing. They really give you all the information you need. Gayle, the hospital's bariatric nurse who prepares patients during a pre-op class, is a fountain of information.
ginau
on 7/25/09 3:31 pm - mesa, AZ
Are theese your only choices ?   what type of procedure ?  rny or band ?

Blackstone is  good - just a long wait at her office.  I dont know anything about Burbee- Sorry

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Maggster
on 7/26/09 12:20 am
Maggster
on 7/26/09 12:30 am
kathkeb
on 7/26/09 5:41 am
I didn't use either surgeon -- but I have heard excellent things about both.

I would base my decision on the ease of follow up --

1.  how easy to get to the office for follow up (hours, # of days they have office hours)
2.  how easy to get to speak to the DOCTOR when you have questions, problems, issues

I am only 7 weeks post op -- with no complications -- and have had 3 follow up appts already.
I have another in 3 weeks -- and probably one every 3 - 4 weeks for several months.

If I had to drive up to Phoenix for these appts, I would have to take a day off work to fit them in.

I love, love, love my surgeon's practice!
Kath

Maggster
on 7/26/09 8:35 am
 Sounds great! Thanks for the advice!
ERIN MC ATEER DE
LA CRUZ

on 8/15/09 9:34 am - PHOENIX , AZ

how far away you live is important, but SCOTTSDALE BARIATRICS reputation speaks for itself.  i think they are wonderful and i cant wait for DR SPRUNGER to do my RNY hopefully on 09/09/09,,, good luck

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 1:36 am
Most Active