NEED ADVICE

dmwilson
on 7/23/09 11:52 pm - tucson, AZ
Hi All, need some advice had my EDG with Dr. Fang and he found that I have a overly enlarged stomach and stoma and my stomach is producing to much acid so I'm back on prilosec like I was 4 yrs. ago befor RNY was preformed. What would be a good revision for this to work successfully 2nd time around.

Thanks for all suggestions.
Diane
JRinAZ
on 7/24/09 1:27 am - Layton, UT
On July 24, 2009 at 6:52 AM Pacific Time, dmwilson wrote:
Hi All, need some advice had my EDG with Dr. Fang and he found that I have a overly enlarged stomach and stoma and my stomach is producing to much acid so I'm back on prilosec like I was 4 yrs. ago befor RNY was preformed. What would be a good revision for this to work successfully 2nd time around.

Thanks for all suggestions.
Diane
Hey Diane,
I'd recommend:

1.  Revising to a Deudenol Switch (DS) but you would need to leave AZ.to find a surgeon.    www.dsfacts.com

2.  Revising to what I have which is an ERny (EXTENDED Rny).  This procedure gives you the same or better malabsorption than a DS and does not have the same high risk possibilities that the revision to the DS would entail.  Dr. Fang refers patients to Dr. Schlesinger to receive an ERny.

With both the DS and ERny, the restrictive portion (small pouch or small sleeve) is not as important to the success of your WL as the malabsorption piece which would be shortened considerably to what you now have as a Proximal.

Good luck sweetie pie!  Your 2nd  chance will be the golden ticket! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

dmwilson
on 7/24/09 2:56 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks Joyce for your imput. Dr. Fang did my EDG/W resulst but I have been seeing Dr. Juarez as my acting surgeon do u know if he would preform the ERNY or wiil he refer me else where?
Thanks
Most Active