starving on preop diet!!!

thinnermee
on 7/22/09 8:43 am
Well its day 3. i have a headache and my brian feels funny. i dont think my blood sugars have been below 120 for awhile.  Need some encouragement!  i am starving!!!! 
starting weight/current/goal: 278/257/130
surgery date: Aug 3rd,2009    2fillls for total of 6cc
preop diet started: July 20,2009

ginau
on 7/22/09 10:52 am - mesa, AZ

Hang in there . Only a few more days !!  then a new life begins

Just curious - whats on your pre-op diet ??

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 7/22/09 12:25 pm - Layton, UT
On July 22, 2009 at 3:43 PM Pacific Time, kathie K. wrote:
Well its day 3. i have a headache and my brian feels funny. i dont think my blood sugars have been below 120 for awhile.  Need some encouragement!  i am starving!!!! 
One small step towards your giant journey of good health (AND shopping!)

Hang in there.....drink lots of hot broth to trick your tummy!!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Michele T.
on 7/22/09 1:15 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Not knowing what your diet is, I'd guess the headache is either carb withdrawal or caffeine.  Can you have any fruit?  If so, it would help a little with carb symptoms.  If it's caffeine, you have to suffer, I know because I've done it!

It's all worth it though!  Kinda like labor pains, you forget about the pain once you see the beautiful results! 

Michele
thinnermee
on 7/22/09 1:32 pm
Thanks so much for all your support!  i am on 2 weeks pre op of protein shakes and clear liquids.  I have been eating a lot of broth. my husband bought me sf jello and popscicles which is helping too.  I am still drinking my dt pepsi.  i hope thats not too bad....?  i know i cant have carbonated afterwards.  i will stop the caffeine a little before surgery.  i am remembering my atkins days now and i think you are right...carb withdrawal! 
doing much better since my hubby got home with support and groceries!  i had to leave the room when they ate dinner though.
starting weight/current/goal: 278/257/130
surgery date: Aug 3rd,2009    2fillls for total of 6cc
preop diet started: July 20,2009

Ann M.
on 7/24/09 12:05 am - Peoria, AZ
Kathie, you will want to start cutting down on the diet Pepsi NOW.  Don't do a total caffeine withdrawal right before surgery or you'll be miserable.  The headache you have now will seem mild compared to the caffeine withdrawal headache you will have.  You want it all out of your system before surgery and now is the best time to start.  Limit yourself to one per day and better yet, let it go flat before you drink it.  It's not easy to give up the diet pop but you need to make up your mind that it's going to be done and the 2 weeks before surgery is the best time to get it all out of your system.  You don't want to risk taking even one sip after surgery (at least until 1 year out).  Change your thinking about what you eat and drink now so you'll be prepared and not so "head hungry" after surgery.  Much of this surgery is about how you have prepared yourself.  Yes, the surgery will help you lose weight but your brain and your way of life change will help you keep it off.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active