Low Carb Recipe

JRinAZ
on 7/21/09 11:00 am, edited 7/21/09 1:37 pm - Layton, UT
Do you try & eat low carb post-op?

This recipe was AMAZING and filled my p i z z a  tastebuds with a high protein option!!!
This pizza with a meat crust is a sort of standard low carb recipe - you see variations of it in a lot of places. This is my version, with an option to do it on the grill. Using the grill is a bit more work, but a lot tastier in my opinion. More Low Carb P i z z a 

Ingredients:

• About 1¼ lbs. hamburger - or, up to half can be Italian sausage
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons oregano
  • Sugar free spaghetti sauce or p i z z a  sauce
  • Cheese
  • P i z z a  toppings such as mushrooms, green pepper, onions, etc.

Preparation:

Oven Method: Mix the meat, salt and spices together, and spread the meat out on a baking sheet with sides (such as a jelly roll pan). You want the meat spread thin, but without holes. I make it in a sort of oblong with rounded corners. Bake in a 375° F. oven for about 10 minutes. Pour off the grease. Cover the meat with sugar-free p i z z a  sauce or spaghetti sauce (in most places the spaghetti sauce is much easier to find, and works great). Cover with cheese and your choice of toppings - we like lots of veggies.

Grill Method: For this you need a tray with holes for the grill, sometimes called a vegetable grilling sheet or grill grid.  But you can't spread the meat directly on it, or it will squish down into the holes. So I oil a regular baking sheet, spread the meat on it, and flip it onto the grill sheet (it's actually not hard to do). Then grill the meat until it's brown around the edges, put the toppings on the p i z z a  (but leave about 2 inches around the edge for the cheese to melt into), close the lid, and cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and it's all done. It has a smoky grilled flavor this way.

Any carbs in this recipe come from the toppings, which will vary

ANYONE else try and yummy recipes lately?  What kinds of food are keeping you cool?

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JRinAZ
on 7/21/09 1:41 pm - Layton, UT
On July 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:

This recipe was AMAZING and filled my **** a  tastebuds with a high protein option!!!
This ****a with a meat crust is a sort of standard low carb recipe - you see variations of it in a lot of places. This is my version, with an option to do it on the grill. Using the grill is a bit more work, but a lot tastier in my opinion. More Low Carb **** a 

Ingredients:

• 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 2 teaspoons oregano
  • Sugar free spaghetti sauce or **** a  sauce
  • Cheese
  • **** a  toppings such as mushrooms, green pepper, onions, etc.

Preparation:

Oven Method: Mix the meat, salt and spices together, and spread the meat out on a baking sheet with sides (such as a jelly roll pan). You want the meat spread thin, but without holes. I make it in a sort of oblong with rounded corners. Bake in a 375° F. oven for about 10 minutes. Pour off the grease. Cover the meat with sugar-free **** a  sauce or spaghetti sauce (in most places the spaghetti sauce is much easier to find, and works great). Cover with cheese and your choice of toppings - we like lots of veggies.

Grill Method: For this you need a tray with holes for the grill, sometimes called a vegetable grilling sheet or grill grid.  But you can't spread the meat directly on it, or it will squish down into the holes. So I oil a regular baking sheet, spread the meat on it, and flip it onto the grill sheet (it's actually not hard to do). Then grill the meat until it's brown around the edges, put the toppings on the **** a  (but leave about 2 inches around the edge for the cheese to melt into), close the lid, and cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and it's all done. It has a smoky grilled flavor this way.

ANYONE else try and yummy recipes lately?  What kinds of food are keeping you cool?

For some reason the O.h. system seems to think that  P...I...Z...Z...A...  is a naughty word so when you see **** in the recipe above then substitute  P * I * Z * Z * A 

Joyce 

JRinAZ
on 7/22/09 12:21 am - Layton, UT
On July 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:
On July 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:

This recipe was AMAZING and filled my **** a  tastebuds with a high protein option!!!
This ****a with a meat crust is a sort of standard low carb recipe - you see variations of it in a lot of places. This is my version, with an option to do it on the grill. Using the grill is a bit more work, but a lot tastier in my opinion. More Low Carb **** a 

Ingredients:

• 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 2 teaspoons oregano
  • Sugar free spaghetti sauce or **** a  sauce
  • Cheese
  • **** a  toppings such as mushrooms, green pepper, onions, etc.

Preparation:

Oven Method: Mix the meat, salt and spices together, and spread the meat out on a baking sheet with sides (such as a jelly roll pan). You want the meat spread thin, but without holes. I make it in a sort of oblong with rounded corners. Bake in a 375° F. oven for about 10 minutes. Pour off the grease. Cover the meat with sugar-free **** a  sauce or spaghetti sauce (in most places the spaghetti sauce is much easier to find, and works great). Cover with cheese and your choice of toppings - we like lots of veggies.

Grill Method: For this you need a tray with holes for the grill, sometimes called a vegetable grilling sheet or grill grid.  But you can't spread the meat directly on it, or it will squish down into the holes. So I oil a regular baking sheet, spread the meat on it, and flip it onto the grill sheet (it's actually not hard to do). Then grill the meat until it's brown around the edges, put the toppings on the **** a  (but leave about 2 inches around the edge for the cheese to melt into), close the lid, and cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and it's all done. It has a smoky grilled flavor this way.

For some reason the O.h. system seems to think that  ****A...  is a naughty word so when you see **** in the recipe above then substitute  **** * A 

still trying to get the word right!!! 

It is the round flat Italian pie that is known as   ......P then then Z  then Z  then A !!  Why would they block that word????  Weird!
Joyce 

ginau
on 7/22/09 10:57 am - mesa, AZ
Joyce

Have you tried the recipe using  ground Chicken??    thinking even chicken sausage from Sprouts ....? hmmmm

I am  going  Red Meat / Beef free at this time.& Yes It's hard ..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 7/22/09 12:23 pm - Layton, UT
On July 22, 2009 at 5:57 PM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:
Joyce

Have you tried the recipe using  ground Chicken??    thinking even chicken sausage from Sprouts ....? hmmmm

I am  going  Red Meat / Beef free at this time.& Yes It's hard ..

I actually made this with ground turkey.  Just crank up the flavor in the toppings and you'll be fine!

I rarely do beef these days either but once in a while a mushroom swiss burger (minus tge bun) just calls my name....or a great prime rib .....or some beef fajitas!!!

O.K. well....almost never, right?!!!  LOL!

......stirring up some shrimp with garlic butter for supper, nuking a spaghetti squash and then combining all with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan!  YummmmmEEEEE!!!

Joyce 

DizneyMom
on 7/22/09 7:09 am - Goodyear, AZ
Thank you for this recipe! I am doing the low carb thing and this will help!!

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.?-Author Unknown

JRinAZ
on 7/22/09 12:32 pm - Layton, UT
On July 22, 2009 at 2:09 PM Pacific Time, DizneyMom wrote:
Thank you for this recipe! I am doing the low carb thing and this will help!!
How bout giving me a couple of ideas????  I like to break out of my roasted chicken routine on occassion and knock myself out with a recipe or 2!!!!  I can often be found glazed over in front of my puter studying low-carb recipes!  LOL!   I should own a FARM!!!!
Joyce 

Most Active