Gaining weight

SKennedy13
on 7/20/09 2:45 pm - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with

Hey all, I started my weightloss journey May 2nd 2 years ago. In the 14 months I lost 75pounds, I was down to a size 10 and feeli ng good. Toward the end it became more and more of a struggle. I ended up having to get a full time job which ended up working me 50 plus hours a week. The time I was able to spend in the gym went down and due to the travel required in my job I wasnt always making the smartest decisions. I was able to maintain my weight until this past January I have been excersizing on a regular basis and recently started back on my protien diet. I spoke to my surgeon and I told him I still really need to loose 40 more pounds to make my goal weight. He basicly said he could try to make another adjustment but I am already at 8.5 ccs in my 10 cc band and he doesnt know how much more he can put in. He said I need to loose the rest through diet and excersise. So I went and got a personal trainer to help me at the gym and refocused my diet. This was two months ago and I have not seen my numbers move. Should I consider a revision? is there such thing as a revison for a band? Should I consider another WLS. I am just not sure where to go from here and I am feeling much like I did before surgery. unable to loose weight.   

JRinAZ
on 7/20/09 3:44 pm - Layton, UT
Hi there you!
I've missed you!!!!  Serioiusly?  I'm glad you are reaching out for help....

How about letting Dr. P fill you to hte brim and giving it your best shot and start checking out revision possibilities as a back up plan and just in case soneone you know may want the info, right?  Cuz if you don't give it your best shot  with the fill then you may just sabbotage the effrots.

O.K. so, that being said......I had a revision and had it for the exact same reasons the 2nd time as I had goinbg on the 1st time!  1.  I was overweight  2.  I had health issues 3.  I wanted a better qjuality of life!!!

I had Dr. Schlesinger do myi revision.  I know other surgeon's do them as well but even the local surgeon's are referring to him as the "go to guy" for revisions.  .....  As a lapbander, you are basically open to ANY type of surgery as a revision UNLESS your band removal runs them into some serious scar tissue.  However, I don't think you  would qualifiy for a revision cuz you're too small?  Unless they find a medical necessity?

Surgery options available:

Sleeve (restrictive only)
Proximal Rny (some restriction AND some malabsorption)
Extended Rny (restriciton AND super malabsorption ......this is the type I have)
Deudenol Switch, aka DS (some restriction, still have use of part of your stomach and have max malabsorption).....this is recommended for very high BMI's and many who are 40 + BMI

There's a Chandler Support group on the 4th Tuesday (28th).  How about joining us and we can all give each other a pep talk!!!

Hang in there and kudos to you for the personal trainer and the workouts!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

SKennedy13
on 7/24/09 11:05 pm - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with
Thanks Joyce. I had an appointment with Dr. P I scheduled if for a couple of weeks before my insurance expired because he was being laid off. The schedulers called my the day before and had to cancel. They could not reschedule me until after the first of the following month which ment I would not have insurance. Dr. P only does floro fills which mean they cost about 300 cash if you dont have insurance. He is so difficult to get into lately It's not like 2 years ago when I had my surgery. I love him as a Doctor he just doesnt have the same time he use to. I still want a fill but nowI have new insurance and I am trying to find out if they will cover it but I am not getting very straight answers. Although I am smaller my BMI is still 33.1 clearly I am still classified as obese. I am interested in the chandler support group what time and where do they meet. 
nostood
on 7/25/09 7:17 pm - Gilbert, AZ
 Hi There - FYI Dr P's office only bill their "fills" as an office visit so hopefully your insurance will cover it, even if they are out of your network they should cover a good poriton of it.  

Theresa
Most Active