Need some HOT support???

JRinAZ
on 7/6/09 5:48 am - Layton, UT
Don't let vacations, picnis, camping, parties, summer heat and all those "cool" treats get you down!!!  You can RULE to stay COOL!

Fail to Plan?  PLAN TO FAIL!  Pencil in your support group for the week:

1st Tuesday of every month:  (tomorrow the 7th)

OPEN to EVERYONE:  Bridges St Luke's in Phoenix @ 6:30 p.m. (psych facilitated)

Banner Gateway in Gilbert @ 6:00 p.m. (Nutritionist faciliated)

And.....OPEN to EVERYONE who is 1 year post-op or more (and support folks):

AZ GRADS of WLS at Bridges Phoenix St Luke's (faciliated by Joyce this month)  @ 5:30 in the small room to the left of the large education room.

I'll be at both Phoenix St Luke's groups this week.

Circle Thursday the 16th for the "H.M." group:  this is open to EVERYONE who has had a Medial, Distal, Extended Rny, A deudenol switch "d.s." or a Revision of anything to one of those......=highly malabsorptive!  @ 6;00 in room 207 of Tempe St Luke's.  Faciliated by Joyce.

Any questions?

[email protected] or [email protected]

C U there!  
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

FLGail
on 7/6/09 6:47 am - Sun City, AZ
Hey Joyce, How you doing Girl??  From all I have read sounds you you are now a skinny girl LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will have to give me a list of support groups and where they meet because I hope to be living there by October or November. Will keep you all posted.  Gail
DaffodilRusty
on 7/8/09 1:02 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Am moving to Goodyear in 3 weeks.  What's close to Goodyear for August?  I desperately need to find a support group that allows non-AZ post-op foks to belong. I had my RNY in 2004 in Denver, CO.  Thanks for any help,
Daffodil
JRinAZ
on 7/9/09 12:47 am - Layton, UT
In my next life I'd LOVE to be named Daffodil!!!!  That is the cutest!!!

O.K. so Goodyear is closest to Ann's group or to the Banner Estrella group.  Both of those are peer facilitated and WONDERFUL.  I haven't made it to Ann's yet but I know her and she really knows her stuff!  ....  I attend the Banner group whenever I have a spare Saturday cuz that bunch totally rocks!!!!

If you click on Message Board in the blue ribbon above and search for support group information in the subject line,  I posted ALL of the support group information for the entire area that are open to everyone.

There is a fab support group this Saturday (one of my personal favorites) at Tempe St Luke's.  It's Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Simon's support group but it is open to everyone.

Let us know when you have landed and we'll roll out the red c arpet :)
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ann M.
on 7/9/09 1:44 am - Peoria, AZ
Welcome Daffodil.  I look forward to meeting you at either the Sun City Group (meets the 2nd Saturday of the month) or at the Banner Estrella (usually the 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month).  Just give us a shout out and we'll be happy to send you directions to the meeting.  We have a great group of people who love to give support to anyone pre or post surgery.  We'd love to have your input too.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active