Consultation for revision

dmwilson
on 6/11/09 1:18 pm - tucson, AZ
Hi group, I have been researching the different revisions and I have decided to go with the lapband over my RNY. I am 4 years out of my RNY and have had cronic constipation,  excessive dumping and have gained about 40 pounds I feel little to no restriction in my stomach anymore. Could that have anything to do with throwing up constantly? I have chosen to see Dr. Juarez at St Lukes, I have my mini seminar and consiltation with the Dr. on the 23rd of June. Sooooooooooo thrilled. I'm coming from Tucson so I was given both appointments on the same day. Has anyone been approved by UHC-EPO  for a revision with Dr. Juarez or any other surgeon with this insurance?

THANKS
Diane
JRinAZ
on 6/11/09 1:50 pm - Layton, UT
Hi Diane!
I had UHC for my Revision with Dr. Schlesinger.  Band over Rny huh?  .....  That may be  the perfect thing for you but you may want to consider having at least one more consultation with another surgeon and possibly discuss another couple of revision options.....then you'll know for sure which way to go!  Dr. Simpson does band over Rny and Dr. Schlesinger does that plus a few other options....

Good luck with your journey!  .....  the 2nd shot will be the winner!!!  I needed to lose 40 pounds with my revision too!  But....I lost 60!!!  I'll take it!  LOL!

Huggzzzz,

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

MDIASMOORE1969
on 6/12/09 9:40 am - PHOENIX, AZ
 Good luck with your revision... I am seeing Dr. S at St. Luke's and am going for the extended RNY for me.  Keep us informed with your journey...it seems to make it easier when you have others that are going through the same thing.  Good luck~  Maria
Most Active