Support in AZ - NO EXCUSES!!

JRinAZ
on 6/10/09 2:40 am, edited 6/10/09 3:17 am - Layton, UT
Not sure if this will cut and paste gracefully...so......be forgiving  It's just about the info, right? and NOT the formatting! 

Support Group Information for Tucson and Phoenix Metro

Support Group Information - (those who attend support groups are those who obtain their weight loss goals and maintain for a lifetime!)  Pick a group and pencil it in!  Own your success!!  Protect your health!!  Celebrate your life!!  Pay it forward!! 

Tucson Area:
St. Joseph's also has one on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:30-8:30 at the St. Joseph's Auditorium.  All are welcome Dr. Blackstone Support Group in Tucson is the 1st Saturday of the month to be held at Sherton on Grant Road from 10:00-11:30.  The is for SBC patients only.

St. Joseph's is the last Saturday of the month at St. Joseph's Auditorium from 10:00-12:00 open to everyone.

Tucson NOAG is Last Thursday of the Month at 7:00 at UMC Rm. 5408, open to all.   ----

NorthWest meeting 7-8:30 PM each 3rd Monday of the month at the Northwest Medical Center Classrooms A-D 6200 N LaCholla Blvd. Classrooms are off the main lobby behind the cafeteria. New attendees in classroom D at 6:30 PM.

----
Eastside meeting 7-8:30 PM on the first Tuesday of each month at Evangelical Covenant Church, 551 N. Camino Seco, between Broadway and Speedway, on the West side of the street. As always new attendees will be at 6:30.

Phoenix Area:

**Chandler WLS Support - 4th Tuesday at Chandler Regional Hospital, 6-7:30 pm  OPEN to ALL!  Peer Facilitated. Frye & Dobson. Enter from East Main entrance (by E.R.) and take elevator’s down to conference rooms 1 and 2

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chandler_WLSSupport/join  

Banner Gateway Support
- **1st and 2nd Tuesdays 6-7:30 and **3rd Weds 4:30  Professionally faciliated.  OPEN to ALL (room down from the cafeteria) http://www.bannerhealth.com/_Bariatric/Bariatric+Center+Loca tions/Banner+Gateway_Bariatric_Center/Patient+Support/_Suppo rt+Groups.htm

Bridges St Luke's in Phoenix
- 1st Tuesday at 6:30,  OPEN to ALL, Professionally facilitated

**AZ Grads of WLS - 1st Tues, 5:30 at Bridges Centre, Phx St Luke's.  OPEN to ALL who are 1 year post-op,  Peer Facilitated: usually by Joyce or her hubby, Jim J http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/JRinAZ_group/discussion/

Bridges at Mountain Vista - 2nd Weds, 6:00, OPEN to ALL,  Professionally facilitated.

Sun City 
Change of date of the Sun Cities area group from the first Saturday of the month to the second Saturday of the month.  at 10;30 - noon.  This will give us the opportunity to attend the west side group at Banner Estrella on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. We will still be meeting in the Sun City room at the corner of 103rd & Coggins.  If you have any questions of comments, please email me back or call  in the evenings at 623-249-4924.    Ann

NOTE: June we'll be having a special get together on June 20th (instead of the 2nd Sat) at the Dress Barn up at Lake Pleasant Parkway & Happy Valley Blve. (Target shopping center) for a party.  You'll get summer clothing advice and a 15% discount on anything you buy that day.  The store will provide water and I'll try to provide healthy snacks.  Let me know if you'd like to attend.  Anyone is welcome and encouraged to join us. Contact is Ann for ??’s 

Paradise Valley Hospital on the 1st Tuesday of the month from 6-7:30pm and then the 3rd Saturday from 11am-1pm.
For June only (JUne 20th) group will be held from 8:30am-10:00am. PVH is located on the corner of Bell Road and the 51. Please join us if this is convienent  for you.  
Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN Paradise Valley Hospital  602-923-5612

WLS West Valley Support Group: Banner Estrella Hospital, 2nd & 4th Sat: WLS West Valley is a support group that meets twice a month on the first and third Saturdays of each month. It is a group designed for people who are pre-op or post-op for any kind of weight loss surgery.
The meetings are PEER FACILITATED, FREE, and will be held at Banner Estrella Hospital in the Conference Rooms located at 93rd Avenue and Thomas Road from 10:30 AM to Noon. The conference rooms are located just west of the main hospital entrance.
We look forward to meeting you! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WLSWestValley/

NOTE: I just wanted to let everyone know that Banner Estrella Hospital has had to make some changes in our meetings for July and August. They have events scheduled for the 1st and 3rd Saturdays, so they have moved us back to the 2nd and 4th Saturdays for ONLY July and August. Then back we go in September to the 1st and 3rd. I know this will upset some plans, but if we wanted to have meetings over the summer, this was the best alternative (the other being to not have support over the long summer when we really need it). I hope this is not too disruptive to you, but at least they did not cancel us altogether.
Nita

**Dr. Simon AND Dr. Schlesinger's support group 2nd Saturday of every month! from 1 to 2:30, ROOM 208 at Tempe St Luke’s for General Support (all welcome)  June’s schedule is: this Saturday the 13th

**Doc’s: S & S: HM Support Group: Thursday the 18th (always the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6 to 7:30 pm, Room 207) at Tempe ST Luke’s this is PEER FACILIATED, FREE and specifically for those who have had a Highly Malabsorptive procedure (Distal Rny, Extended Rny, DS or Revision). OPEN to ALL/ANY HM’s & support or interested!

There are other support groups in these areas that are affiliated with Bariatric programs and are closed to guests unless you are attending with one of their patient’s specifically. They are great programs….

**And…there are other support groups spattered around the state outside of Tucson and Phoenix. For instance, check out: http://tricitywls.com/ This Prescott Valley group totally rocks! A fun day trip could include a trip to visit them. Get out of the heat, see their fun city, enjoy a dinner out and then join them for an evening of support! I’ve done that plan and LOVED it!

Questions?  (all groups listed above are FREE) **denotes groups I plan on attending! 

So, can I save you a seat?......

Shoot me a note at: [email protected] OR [email protected]

C U soon!!!   
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Deanne K.
on 6/10/09 7:20 am - Tucson, AZ
I just wish Schlesinger and Simon would keep the 3rd Saturday of the month.  If you got any pull, please try for me!

Deanne
JRinAZ
on 6/10/09 10:44 am - Layton, UT
On June 10, 2009 at 2:20 PM Pacific Time, Deanne K. wrote:
I just wish Schlesinger and Simon would keep the 3rd Saturday of the month.  If you got any pull, please try for me!

Deanne
Sorry Miss Deanne!  I have absolutely NO pull with those folks but I do understand their position...."if" they picked another day then someone else would wi**** were another time.....There is never a perfect day so they just had to pick one convenient for their staff and go with it

Hopefully you can join us on the Thursday night once in a while....I'm excited for the HM mtgs!  It will be nice to visit with people who are living the same lifestyle as me (so to speak)!

Tell Vitalady hello tonight!  Enjoy!
Joyce 

Deanne K.
on 6/10/09 10:57 am - Tucson, AZ
I don't think either the night one or the Saturday one will work for me.  I still will be coming up the 3rd weekend/Sundays, just leaves me out I guess.  I had voiced my concerns when they asked about the dates before, but I have no clout either.  It just sucks for me in my opinion.  I haven't gotten much support of any of the staff or Dr. lately either, not as customer orientated.  I feel left out in the cold down here, there are only 2 of us that have ERNY's.  It's just not economical for me to come up for just the meeting, so I won't be doing that.

I have iron questions to ask Vitalady tonight since they just got my labs back and it's in the dumper.

Oh Well,
JRinAZ
on 6/10/09 3:09 pm - Layton, UT
Hey!
Hubby and I went to a movie and I had my phone turned off!  I got a zillion texts and voice messages about Vitalady being lost/late!  Sorry I didn't get your message until later.....  I guess they were stuck on the freeway going zero, right?  Piccacho Peek had some big ol propane tank crash or something and stopped traffic going both ways.  I hope they made it there for at least part of the night?

Bummer!
Joyce 

Deanne K.
on 6/11/09 1:35 am - Tucson, AZ
Yes, they did make it about 1-1/2 hours late.  It took them 8 hours to get from Phoenix to Tucson.  They said it was a really bad accident.  They had to transfer all the propane to another truck before they would let anyone through.  We didn't break up until almost 11:30 last night, but it was well worth it.
Deanne
Lori G.
on 6/14/09 4:33 am - Phoenix, AZ
Deanna,
Support group at Paradise Valley Hospital will still be the third Saturday of the month. The door is open to all, so if you can ever make it, we would love to see you!

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Deanne K.
on 6/15/09 1:54 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks Lori, I will keep that in mind.
Deanne
Valerie P.
on 6/10/09 4:46 pm
Hi! Thanks for the great info! This is a newbie question...but is there any cost associated with these support groups??

Thanks!!!
JRinAZ
on 6/11/09 1:19 am - Layton, UT
On June 10, 2009 at 11:46 PM Pacific Time, Paislee wrote:
Hi! Thanks for the great info! This is a newbie question...but is there any cost associated with these support groups??

Thanks!!!
All the groups I had listed are FREE!!!  What a great deal, right?  Counseling, support and information available to everyone!

C U at a mtg sometime soon? 

the next support on my list is the Saturday group at Tempe St Luke's.  Room 208 from 1 too 2:30.
Joyce 

Most Active